• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meeting SO's Parents

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
Tell me about when you first met you so's parents.
Where did you meet them?
How long had you been together before you met them?
Was it a formal introduction?
How did he meet your parents?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mami323
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:28 PM
We been together over a year i met fil today . he bbqd for us and kept feeding me .im preggo so u knw i was lovin it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
child_of_fire
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:41 PM
After 4 months, I met his parents at minor league baseball game. He had been divorced the year before, and I'm considerably younger, so they were definitely vetting me, haha. But my now-FIL was so warm and wonderful, it wound up being really easy. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM
I met his dad the next month I met his dad. He's cool and his nickname to me is redneck lol! I met him @ his house.
He met my family at my daughters 3rd birthday 2 months into the relationship. That day he also asked my dad for my hand in marriage ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
so1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Mil passed away in 2003 and fil passed away the day we got married in 2008. I never got the chance to meet them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM

When I first met his mother it was in the parking lot of walmart. DH and I both worked there. We were 18 & 17 at the time.  We were hanging out after work and it was about 1am. His mother comes squealing into the parking lot and stops next to us. She yells and screams at him for still being out instead of coming home. Then she spots a beer bottle on the ground and  yells, "Is that beer bottle YOURS?? Because if it is, get in this car, because you are in NO condition to drive!!!"  A few words were exhanged and then she jumped in the car and sped away.   Awesome.

The first time I saw his dad was also in the walmart parking lot, but we didn't speak. I don't remember the first time I actually met him.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Well, our meeting didn't go well ; ) Long story!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:36 AM

I met his mom when she had a short layover in our city.We had just enough time to meet her at the airport,and take her to lunch.We'd been together for 5 months.His dad passed before we met.

ask.me
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM

OMG this is so weird for me.  My hubby is from India so his whole family still lives there.  We were together about 3 years before I met them in person.  I had talk to them over the phone weekly but the first meeting...wow. 

So last summer when I was 9 weeks pregnant, I flew to India with hubby.  It was like a 22 hour journey.  We reached there around midnight.  I met his brother, sister-in-law and neice first.  They met us at the airport.  His neice kept giving me dirty looks.  I think she was mad or jealous because she was always like "uncle's little girl," 

We drove 3 hours from the airport to his brother's house.  Got there at 3am.  Met his mom in the driveway.  Had to do some religious ceremony before they let me enter the house.  His mom was talking to me in Hindi so I had NO CLUE what she was saying.  His nephew was sleeping at that time.  I met his dad briefly and then they let me go to sleep...Only to be woken up at 5am the next morning.

Worst trip ever!  I got sick.  I was pregnant and had morning sickness.  It was over 100 degree daily.  The power kept going out.  I couldn't stomach the food.  Lost 10 lbs.  Couldn't speak to anyone cause I didn't know the language.  So had to basically sit and wait for someone to translate for me if the actually did.  Went home without hubby because I didn't have as much vacation as him...he is a teacher.  Had to wait another month before he came back.

i.heart.myboys
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Well he had to stop by his mom's house and I went with him. It was at her house. We had been together a few weeks before I met his mom. We moved pretty quickly. He came over once and met my parents as wel. We never made a big deal out of it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)