Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Define Love

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM
  • 10 Replies
What is your own definition of love?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dee24997
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Love is friendship, accepting, embracing, encouraging, supporting, teaching and trusting. Love is honest, faithful, forgiving and a feeling that takes over ones entire being. Love is what I feel when I look into my DHs eyes but also what I feel when I look into my boys eyes. Love is the purest feeling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:17 AM
An unexplainable force drawing you to someone, it makes you able to give or do anything for that person(s), it's a feeling that somehow that person is a part of you & w/o them you are incapable of living. It's every emotion and every feeling you could ever have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:22 AM

friendship, compassion, respect, forgiveness, trust--love is unconditional; learning to love and accept someone for who they are, knowing they have faults and flaws.

it's having that one person in your life that you know you can always count on to be there for you--through ALL the walks of life (sickness, health, good, bad, etc.) someone you want to grow old with..can't see your life without them in it...and a little part of your heart would literally DIE if something happened to them.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM

The greatest feeling in the world.  Love is where you put the person that you care for above everything else.  Share their dreams, help achieve their goals, care for them, and pretty much do anthing for them.  It is a selfless act that feels rewarding everytime and brings two people closer.

dingysfamily
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:25 AM

This is probably the best I could ever come up with ... I've always had a hard time actually putting it into words ... to me it's just a feeling the encompasses all feelings.  When I think of love, I think of my husband, my kids, my grandkids and then my other family members and friends.  There are so many different levels of love.

Quoting -mrs.mamma-:

friendship, compassion, respect, forgiveness, trust--love is unconditional; learning to love and accept someone for who they are, knowing they have faults and flaws.

it's having that one person in your life that you know you can always count on to be there for you--through ALL the walks of life (sickness, health, good, bad, etc.) someone you want to grow old with..can't see your life without them in it...and a little part of your heart would literally DIE if something happened to them.

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I really appreciate Ayn Rand's definition of romantic love (which I assume is the kind of love you're asking us to define, given the topic of this group):

Romantic love, in the full sense of the term, is an emotion possible only to the man (or woman) of unbreached self-esteem: it is his response to his own highest values in the person of another—an integrated response of mind and body, of love and sexual desire. Such a man (or woman) is incapable of experiencing a sexual desire divorced from spiritual values. ... Man is an end in himself. Romantic love—the profound, exalted, lifelong passion that unites his mind and body in the sexual act—is the living testimony to that principle.

“Of Living Death,”
The Voice of Reason, 54-56.

slightlyperfect

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM
I don't think there is real words to describe it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Love to me is respect and moments that are only shared between husband and wife.  He puts you first and you put him first everyday and remember it's the small things that show your love.  A love note taped to the bathroom mirror, holding hands while walking through a parking lot to a store, things like that.  :)

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM
love is the feeling you feel that will make you put up with him continuously leaving the toilet seat up, dirty socks and undies laying around, conveniently 'forgetting' to fix all the things you need him to fix, and not noticing that you did something to your hair. Love is nothing if not patient and enduring!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2rays0fsun
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM

well put :) and I agree. To me love is also the ability to set aside our own self-centered nature or pride, because we desire the happiness of someone other than ourself. It allows us to compromise and make sacrifices.

Quoting -mrs.mamma-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)