Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think im doing the right thing?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

I just want to point out i dont want to get married unless i know its certain, hence ive been engaged three times.  ... Jon ... We've been together for a year now and we hung out twice before we moved in together and eventually started sayin we're a couple. Well four months into the relationship, he says to me what would you do if i asked you to marry me? and i laughed n said you dont want to marry me, im not the marrying kind. Four to Five months later, he pops the question. I say yes...  he said he never thought he'd ask that question to anyone, said marriage wasnt for him then i come along.  ... I dont want to rush into a marriage that i dont know is goin to work or not. i want to wait a few years before any plans been made. I cant help but to want to plan my wedding as if its months away.. am i right waiting? or should i just marry him and see if we live "happily ever after"  ... i guess i answered my own question. If he was the one i wouldnt want to wait..  then again i dont know him and he doesnt know me. idk

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChrissyReznor
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Why do u keep saying yes if you're not sure u even want to be married? There's nothing wrong with wanting to be absolutely sure. Take as much time as I need/want. Hope everything works out how u want it to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM
If you don't even know each other, don't get married.
Nothing wrong with waiting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkpoetess
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Well engagement doesn't mean marrying tomorrow .. You can be engaged as long as you want or need too .. Then when you are ready start planning :) boost your self esteem a little .. Think positive ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Marriage is a big committment, I agree with that.  But sometimes people think too much with their heads, and not with their hearts.  That can be a good thing sometimes, but occasionally it just messes up a good thing.  Follow your heart AND your gut.  If you can see yourself sitting on a front porch, sipping iced tea or whatever with this guy in 50 years..  if you can see yourself raising children, having grandchildren with this guy, then marry him.  If you have ANY reservations, then don't.  This is JMO though.  GL honey.

ShannaBee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM
This.

Quoting -mrs.mamma-:

If you don't even know each other, don't get married.

Nothing wrong with waiting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juggalo_mommi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM

If we get help for our personal issues then work on us i can see us being together for a long time, but if it keeps goin down the road it is its goin to end ... Because our problems we arent good for eachother, but on our good days youd think we're perfect. ... I say yes because at the time i do love the man im with and i can me n him together but something steps in the way of that and it just didnt work out ...  

Lauren5280
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

You shouldn't be engaged if your not sure you want to marry this man.  If your bad days are truly that bad then the good days won't make up for them in the long run. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
If your not sure then dont do it! Take your time and if your sure you wanna be engaged then make it a long one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I don't understand why you are so hesitant to marry anybody but you will live with somebody that you say you don't now after only going out twice?  Living together is a big commitment too, especially if you have children who you are moving in with people who you hardly know and then having people come in and out of their lives quickly.  It soinds like you need some time to just be you and not part of any couple so you can figure out who you are and what you want for your sake, the guys sake and your kids sake. 

epykpysmom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I think the last line of your post answered your own question.  You said something to the effect of he does not know you and you do not know him.  That is all you need to remember.  Marriage is a huge committment.  You will know in your heart and head when you are ready for such committment. In the meantime, just have fun and enjoy having someone new in your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)