Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda Funny/Kinda Not, but I really need some advice possibly TMI

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was having sex with my dh and i was on top, well he flipped me over and threw me down on the bed, and I hit my head on the corner of the night stand. I automatically started crying soooo hard. He felt sooo bad. Well I get up after like 5 minutes, still crying (im a baby lol) and go to the bathroom to wash up....well I open my eyes and am seeing stars. It went away, so I figured everything was fine. Now my head feels numb, but still hurts? It hurts where it hit me and then the entire frontal part of my head, and then the occipital(back) as well a little bit. But it also feels numb. 

I dont know if I should go to the dr? My dr is closed so it'd be a huge medical bill to go to the ER. What do you guys think?

And I know I have to make the final decision for myself. I am not relying solely on your advice (so there's no bashing for medical advice)

BUT I do see the humor in the situation too.....

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I think you should get it checked out.  You could have a concussion.  You never know with head injuries what could be wrong.  GL honey.

Mama2ETA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM

ty. thats just so much money! lol. I already have a $700 er bill from Nov. ugh

ShannaBee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Go. Head injuries are nothing to mess with. You could have swelling or even nerve damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinklove22
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:27 PM

i agree with the other 2 head injuries are really nothing to mess with

Mrs.Morgan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM

couldn't hurt to get it checked out gl its all fun till someone gets hurt

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Is there an urgent care as opposed to the ER?  They could at least evaluate and determine if you need to go to the ER.

ZanderandBella
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Head injuries Are not to be ignored. Go in
SophistoCat
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I think you should get it checked out.  You could have a concussion.  You never know with head injuries what could be wrong.  GL honey.

This,  I hope all is OK!

southernlady184
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM

do you a medi center....they are cheaper than an er but either way?? i think to be safe and go....take care. good luck!!!

mghtymffn
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM
urgent care clinics are the best to go to, and not too expensive, you can also go to a clinic in walgreens, and they too can assist you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)