• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you married to your best friend and have great relationships...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM
  • 75 Replies

I have noticed lately that so many moms on CF have really unhappy marriages. Or at least it seems that way from all of the cheating and husband bashing posts! I like to hear about happy marriages! Lets share some of the reasons we love our husbands so much and are so happy to be married to our best friend! Why we still dress up for them, get butterflies when they kiss us and can't wait until the lights go down if you know what I mean! lol

If you are headed in the wrong direction, God allows u-turns!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM

My husband is AWESOME

AimeeJenee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM

my husband is the bomb! he is my best friend, I talk to him about absolutely everything. He helps me tremendously with little things around the house, he puts up with...actually, he really likes my girly t.v. shows just as much as i do, i could go on and on...

arnptee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM

We complement each other.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

DH is my polar opposite and I love it. He teaches me so much and I in turn teach him new things all the time. We've been together for 11 years and are still finding out new things about each other. I love this crazy adventure called marriage. He's not just my husband but he's my partner in crime....the only person in the world I feel comfortable enough to get out of my comfort zone for and do crazy things with.

countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

My DH is wonderful.  He works really hard to provide for our family and allow me to be a SAHM.  He always thanks me for what I do with the kids and the house and he offers to help when I need it.  He is a wonderful father and the kids adore him and he loves to teach them things and spend time with them.  He is also a wonderful friend to others and each day teaches me to be more loving and giving. 

countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Just so you know you won't get nearly as many replies to this as you do to a husband bashing post.  I have tried to post happy posts before and they don't get the interest that a drama post gets.  It is so sad!

DragonLuv
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:15 PM

My husband and I have been together 12 years and going on married for 7 years this November. We are each others best friend! We have never had a fight.. the yelling and screaming kind. We have had disagreements, of course, but from the beginning we said we will always talk things out, and never turn away. Always sort things out before we go to bed, and always say "I love you" no matter how we are feeling at the time.  

Communication is our number one rule. And it works! Growing up my Grandmother always told me to make sure I have good communication with someone before marrying them, and to this day I give her all the credit for my wonderful marriage.

sugareemommee
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I am very lucky to have a husband who is my best friend and love of my life.  ;)

boom_maker
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:31 PM

i'm new here so i haven't got around to reading the drama posts

i've been married to my husband for 4yrs, been together for 6 1/2, and have 2 beautiful little boys. he is very caring, loving and understanding. a wonderful husband, friend and father. i cannot see me ever being without him, i'm truly a lucky woman.

now i do still hold onto the hope that one day he will learn to put his dirty clothes in the hamper and do the dishes =)

manda.gordon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:41 PM
I think this post is great!

I am truly blessed by my husband. We have been "seeing" each other since the sixth grade and "exclusive" since the ninth :) we have been married for just over three years now with two wonderful children. My husband is an amazing man and its been the best trip ever to watch him grow and evolve with me. He's a wonderful father, a dedicated provider, and one of the most loving people I know. He leads our family with amazing spiritual strength and he helps me hang on when I am about to loose it. He works so hard for our family and can still come home and help with dishes, laundry, diapers and being involved with the kids. I can't see myself going through life with anyone else. :) <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)