• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about kid's names

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

If you were to have a miscarriage at lets say 7 or 8 weeks do you name that baby? My thinking is that you only do that when you are further along.

Ok and lets say you do have an angel baby and you decide to name that child do you the next time you get pregnant use that same name again?

Sorry if this hits a sore spot for anybody but the guilty troll

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
collegegrad2013
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM
7 years ago we lost a baby 10 weeks into the pregnancy. Riley Margarete is the name i had picked out, after my aunt. I dont know if it was a boy or a girl. But on what would have been her due date, i found out i was pregnant with my daughter, Katie Mae.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daisyducc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM
We had a list of names we were thinking of, but we didn't name our DD till we "met" her. We wouldn't name out next until we met him/her, either. That is justvhow we feel about it though...I know others feel differently. I have a friend who referred to all three of her kids by name, in utero.
abra
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I would name the baby even if I lost it that early. I believe babies have a soul from the moment of conception. I would not use a name that I was planning on using on another baby, though. I would pick a name, instead, with a special meaning. Like Nadira, which is a persian name meaning precious. Or Valour meaning courage.

EireLass
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I lost 3 babies, but none of them had names. 

My sister carried to term, had the name picked out, died at birth. His name is on my fathers grave, buried next to him. She had 2 more kids but didn't use that name.  

DVS
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM
I just think it is not right when you use a name for your angel baby then turn around and plan on using it for a live baby. I mean if you thought of a name and you really like it why not save it instead of doubling up? Wouldn't that be hard to explain to a child when they get older?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexychica25
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
I lost my daughter at 26 weeks and when I gave birth they told us at first it was a boy. Later we found out it was a girl and let's just say I retired both first and middle if I were to ever have another child. I think its just too morbit to do otherwise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM
I had a miscarriage st seven months, we named and buried him...his name was hayden never....won't use either names again.

Anryan
proudmommy690
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM
im not sure if *i* would but my friend had a m/c recently and wanted to name it...not sure if she did or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM
At 8 or 9 weeks I wouldn't have a name picked out more than likely. We didn't have a name for DD until 23 weeks or so. DS was named around 16 weeks but we kind of knew which names we liked at 9 weeks but not sure then what we wanted to use for sure.
IF I did name the baby & then miscarried I would NOT reuse the name.

I didnt even reuse the name for DD that we had for DS if he were a girl. (we had a girls name just in case - Rebecca Eden. Our DD will be Samantha Kay if she is a boy [please no!] she will be Logan Daniel. We would not reuse the boys name if we were to get pregnant again either. Each child should have their own name).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)