Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH MEN AND THEIR DANG MOUTH :/

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

I love my husband to death i really do but sometimes I wish he'd insert foot and shove it.  He's one of those people who just says things without thinking about it, sometimes thats a good thing, but most of the time it doesnt come out the way he wanted it to and it ends up being really insulting towards me and I end up really mad and kind of hurt.

Well tonight, like every night, he came home and all he wanted to do was sit on the couch. I on the other hand came home from work sick and thats all I could do :(. Our 3yr old son who was in his game room yelled for me to help him get something, well I asked my DH if he would go help him. The first thing out of his mouth was "why me? why cant you? you've just been laying on the couch." Then he(auto painter) proceeded to say that unlike me (teacher) he wasnt in an air conditioner all day and telling me how hot it was in the shop today and that they had to bust their butts (which i doubt and his check will prove) and he was to wore out to help with our son. UGGHHH it's just so freakin aggrivating! I had the same job he has now for 5 years i know how it is but even when i worked in a body shop i still had to come home clean make sure our son ate a good dinner, played with and got him ready for bed, and did my school work, and never complained. I just wish he would help me out with out making stupid comments like that or me asking. is any one elses husband this way? if so how do you handle it?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Im sorry hunny. Hope things get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lamiyarod
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Men are plain crazy my husband does the samething I usually get the kids and house together then I let him know that I don't appreciate his laziness or rude comments I am usually yelling it out as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Landonsmommie08
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM

ya I went off and after I helped our son then got him put to bed. he said "I dont get what your problem is or why your so mad. you need to just get over it" I had to walk away because I was about 2 seconds from decking him, which I know doesnt get anyone anywhere.

Redd4598
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Mines just act like he can't hear the kids or see them..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicollea
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Same here, men are selfish and only think about themselves, they expect you to do everything for you like you are their maid and keep your mouth shut.  There is nothing you can do to change him.  Just state how you feel at the moment if it helps get your anger out and just move on afterwards and forget about the conversation otherwise you will only drag yourself down.

lyssashelton
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Mine is the same way. I'm a SAHM so I take care of the kids all day, the house is always clean and I do my college homework and all the cooking. He comes home and sits on his butt and plays on his computer. Even if I ask for help I hardly ever get it. When it gets really bad I just ignore him when he wants some attn and he doesn't like it and I tell him that's how it makes me feel. Good luck with ur hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)