Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A constant battle!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

So i've been having a little bit of an issue lately. I am 16 weeks pregnant and found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. In the beginning of my pregnancy my husband and I fought almost everyday about just about anything and then finally when I ended up in the hospital because of all the stress, the fighting stopped. But lately the fighting has started up again. I feel so stressed out at times because our baby was planned. Sometimes I wonder if we made the right choice...

Our fights start as arguments about little things here and there and lately our main fight has been that my husband thinks I don't love him because I'm not being as lovable as I once was. It's not that I don't love him it's just that he chooses the wrong time to love on me and it really irritates me. I have a hard time sleeping as it is and he always hugs me and kisses me while i'm sleeping which always wakes me up and when i push away or ask him to stop we start fighting.

I have lost a lot of interest in doing things that he always wants to do such as going to the movies or being intimate with each other, sometimes even just dancing around acting goofy. I'm always tired or throwing up, I don't feel sexy and I don't have interest in being goofy...maybe its just my hormones or maybe its just me being a little inconsiderate all together, but whatever it may be I want help or advice so maybe I can be more enjoyable to be around.

I don't think I'm the only pregnant woman that goes through loss of interest in things, so I'd really appreciate any advice you all can give me

-Vanessa

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cl1998
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I am on my fourth pregnancy, this is the second child for my husband.  When I met him I sounded a lot like u (not pregnant).  I was fun, blah blah blah......I get very sick with headaches, vomiting, not to mention I am exausted and get irratated very easily.  To make a VERY long story short, I kept away and pushed him away and he cheated while I was pregnant, I left after I had the baby.  Now, to the present, it took us 2 years to heal and re kindle what we had.  We got re-married (yes we divorced) and decided to have another child.......So, on my end I try very hard now to be a bit more loving and show him attention when I otherwise dont want to.  He also is trying very hard to remember that I feel AWFUL!!!  I have made it to almost 18 weeks and I am starting to feel a bit better.  Dont get me wrong we still fight but I really think its much different now.  I would really try to talk to him and let him know how you feel, but also try to remember how he may feel......good luck hon:)

jessistarr85
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:32 AM

viatmin b6 will help the throwing up, it makes you feel so much better. All I can say is try to talk to him. I really diddn't have mood swings or get hormonal, I was prety much myself, untill the infomercial about the aspca came on, that had me in tears, other then that, we diddn't notice any differance.

KittyNat
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 5:21 AM

if there is one thing that will make you not feel like dancing and being goofy it's the fatigue and nausea of early pregnancy. the good news is it gets better, and once the baby comes you may feel even cuter than ever. i may not be as slim as i ever was, but i feel beautiful and lively when my little girl's smile and giggle just pick me up from anything that might be dragging me down. you will get back to yourself in time, just be patient and let him know that you want the same things he wants, you just have to wait until you feel better. i told my dh that and it helped him understand that it wasn't him it was just my body.

2boysmommy.js
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM
huggs momma, this is our third preg, and they are rough.. I just try very hard to still be loving fun.. And if i know he is gonna be home late and want sex ill take a lil nap before he gets home... That way im not missing any sleep which is already almost non exisant....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikol2271
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:07 PM

its hormones , you cant help it, maybe some baby classes and marriage counseling, its not your fault, he needs to change!

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM

you need to talk to him and tell him how you feel... Your hormones are all out of wack and you can't help it.. good luck mama!!

vorellana1
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone I was without a computer for a few days. Thank you for sharing your story with me. It hits really close to home because my husband and I have separated before and this is what I don't want to happen again. Thank you for your advice :)

Quoting cl1998:

I am on my fourth pregnancy, this is the second child for my husband.  When I met him I sounded a lot like u (not pregnant).  I was fun, blah blah blah......I get very sick with headaches, vomiting, not to mention I am exausted and get irratated very easily.  To make a VERY long story short, I kept away and pushed him away and he cheated while I was pregnant, I left after I had the baby.  Now, to the present, it took us 2 years to heal and re kindle what we had.  We got re-married (yes we divorced) and decided to have another child.......So, on my end I try very hard now to be a bit more loving and show him attention when I otherwise dont want to.  He also is trying very hard to remember that I feel AWFUL!!!  I have made it to almost 18 weeks and I am starting to feel a bit better.  Dont get me wrong we still fight but I really think its much different now.  I would really try to talk to him and let him know how you feel, but also try to remember how he may feel......good luck hon:)

vorellana1
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Thank you so much to all the girls for all your helpful advice. I will try to apply it to our relationship and hopefully things get much better sooner rather than later :)

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Aug. 20, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Hope you feel better... *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)