Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My heart just really hurts

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm apologizing in advance if this gets long, or if I start to ramble and things don't make sense in a few places. My mind is going a bit crazy.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant. We had been trying for just about 3 years. & we had our fair share of problems during that time, but we have overcome them and moved on.

On to now.. I just feel that my husband isn't on the same page as I am with this pregnancy. I feel so alone. and unloved. So empty and sad. We've made love once since we found out which was July 16th. And for about 1 1/2 weeks the dr said pelvic rest because I had some bleeding after my pap.

What is bothering me now, is our stupid truck. We put a 6 inch lift on it and bigger tires. Now the transmission is acting funny. The mechanic I took it to yesterday mentioned since the tires are bigger than the originals in height and width, it could be throwing off the transmission. DH said whatever, that isn't an issue. The tow guy today said it's probably the tires. The gears aren't sized for those tires, therefore throwing off your shifting. I posted it on FB ( we share one) :

Just had the 2nd person tell me the larger size tires could be throwing the transmission off in the Titan...hmmm.....Whatever it is, I hope it's an easy fix, and maybe my hubby will listen to me next time ;].

I meant it in a jokinly manner. A few of his friends commented and said they didn't have issues with their tires and titans. I mentioned the gears being tuned, and they all said, YES!! that is the problem.

Do we have an exact answer from the mechanic yet? No. But now I have 5+ people telling me that yes, that is the problem.

And he is all pissy about it. Talking about how I throw him under a bus all the time in front of people. I said i was sorry, and I was only joking around. He even tried to argue with me earlier about the stupid gears not being the problem, then finally admitted to it, saying that he thought of it, but our old truck had a lift and bigger tires and it didn't need to be regeared and we had no problems. I said yeah, because it was a MANUAL tranny and this is an AUTOMATIC! I don't know much about cars, but when there is an issue, I try and educate myself to the best about it.

Idk, he came home from work, and went to have a beer with a few friends. I really don't care about that, because he would of just been on the computer here at home anyway and I'm not the type to deny something like that.

Yesterday he told me, my sleeping so much is getting old and i need to basically suck it up. and if I am so sick with nasuea I need to go to the dr. Which i did get a prescription, but it makes me super drowsy.

Idk.. I know my horomones are playing a huge role in all of this, but I can't help feeling so sad. I don't even want to be here. Or I just want to be left alone period. I'm trying to hold it together as best as i can. but I just want to scream at the top of my lungs, and to have someone show me some kind of affection and love.

Thanks for reading.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cassielc84
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:13 AM

No Im not pregnant and if they were my DH I would tell him to shove it! I also would tell him to grow a human inside of him and see how tired he would be. My DH was very supporting through both of my pregnancies.. I napped when he was at work and then when he got home I cooked and he cleaned.. then we would relax and go to bed. My first pregnancy I swear I slept 80% of the way through it. I was ALWAYS tired to the point I couldnt keep my eyes open. I would tell him how you feel and see if yall can compromise some where. 

jessistarr85
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:33 AM

Im sorry love. I would talk to him about how you feel, he has no idea, and yes you do need suport. By the way you can take viatmin b6 to help the morning sickness, and it dise not make you sleepy. I hope that helps you.

CameronsMommy23
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Maybe now that you're finally pregnant he's a little scared or stressed about it so he's being a jerk to you. Pregnancy is an emotional roller coaster so that's probably explains a big part of why you're sad. I would see the doc & get a different nausea med. I took Zofran last yr when I was pregnant & felt great so maybe you can try that! And as for him being a jerk about you sleeping just try to tell him how you feel & if you need to rest then rest!! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ncane
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM

I'm sorry I can't be of much help but hey you're not alone. He's going throught hormonal changes too and women are better in controling them but men are pathetic. Try to stay calm, if you're mad go take a shower.

Gmgej
by Michele on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:56 AM

He is being a big pissy baby! He screwed up the truck and you and others called him on it. The one who needs to "suck it up" is him. I would have turned it right around on him, I hate when my dh does that. 

worcgrl20
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:57 AM

You need to tell him he may wanna educate himself on pregnancy.. I've had two daughters and first one i was soo freakin tired that i slept a lot.. my hubby knew my body was kicking into high drive. and the second i was so tired cuz i had a little one and i was pregnant lol that i napped a lot.. sit em down and talk to em tell em its not just you going through this and just like he needs support so don't you.. good luck! and congrats on the baby!!

ClassyMom619
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Sorry :( Hormones suck. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I will tell you...it does get better. Hope your rough patch passes quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)