Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I *think* things are starting to light up....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM
  • 18 Replies
Dh and i are struggling alot money wise. We almost werent able to eat yesterday. And before u ask, my dd is in schooll and she eats there. Luckly my fil let me go to his house to cook (our stove isnt working well) not having money puts a strain on us because he is the one with the job at the moment. He makes about 800$ every 2 weeks. Well rent is 800, the car is 316, water and light is behind at about 600 but is about 200 a month, plus we need food and gas, dish is.like 70, and the phones are about anothrr 200. Plus some other things.. so he doesnt make enough. Yesterday thank god, i was offered a full time job 9dollars the hour! I start next week.. and i know that once im working, maybe we can catch up in about a month ( his bro lives with us and my dh takes 300 from him for rent) its just that at thr moment everything is so hard.
I have tears. I feel terrible. My dd's birthday is on monday and i cant do anyyhing. I was going to send a cake to school so she celebrates there but i dont know if ill have thr money. Dh just got paid today but litteraly it all has to go to rent or my uncle will kick us out (we are behind). Please pray we get things back. To how it should be.
I mean, my dd is turning 4 and she still doesnt have new clothes. All her clothes are looking small on her.
I cant wait to start.working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxomaryam
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:56 AM
I know how difficult financial problems can be. My advice to you would be to definitely cut back. Change your cell phone plan to something cheaper. Only buy food for each week so nothing spoils and no food will be wasted. Only cook enough for the day so no food goes to waste, also.

I also reccomend only having cable in the livingroom (the bill will be lower). Also, turn off anything that is not being used. Take shorter showers. Spend your money wisely and remember, never, ever put the blame on your husband for the financial difficulty you're facing. Get through this together. Massage him when he gets home. Cook for him. Tell him how much you love and appreciate him. I wish you all the best! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
worcgrl20
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:01 AM

I know things are rough but there is always light at the end of the tunnel! if you need to talk please feel free to msg me im a good listener and ive been there so i understand... im super happy you have a job now! good for you girl!!

Dimples112409
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I can totally relate. My husband is the only one with a job around here, and he makes less than yours. Our electric bill is at a final cutoff notice, so are our phones we can barely pay our mortgage, thankfully it is only $391.13 a month. 

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Congrats on the job!  Hopefully things will start looking up for you soon.  :)

hotmoore
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:45 AM

i know how u feel. we were like that and still are sometimes. my husband is the only one working. i stay at home with our son. but i am trying to look for a job. shoot last week we almost didnt have anything to eat either. we luckly got enough money up to get rice and hamburger meat. so just keep thinking positive and it will all work out soon enough. we have been way worse off then now and we some how survived it. so keep ur head up. here if u want to talk.

URHonor
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM

we are in the same boat. please PM me to talk!

-mrs.mamma-
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Yea..we're really struggling too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Agreed

Quoting worcgrl20:

I know things are rough but there is always light at the end of the tunnel! if you need to talk please feel free to msg me im a good listener and ive been there so i understand... im super happy you have a job now! good for you girl!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Awesome news on the job! (=

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM

hope things start looking up for you guys! Your in my thoughts and congrats with the job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)