Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can they charge to sublet the apartment

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

we are a military family we knew we were gonna get base housing so we let the lease go to momth to month after that. we finally got in i gave them my 30 days to get out and everything the way they tell us to do it and we get in the mail what we owe 

526 for half the month 

180 for damiges (the kept the deposit)

300 to sublet the apartment out 

can they do that should i call jag it was not in the contract now did they say we where going to pay for them to rent it out basicly i feel like we are just throwing away are money im ok with paying the damiges and the rent for half the month but to sublet or am i in the wrong and just keep my mouth shut and pay it 

save the date

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deccaf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Call JAG.  Most leases have a military clause, anyway.  If you are month-to-month, they cannot charge to rerent it.

jean_marie1987
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Call JAG.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:49 PM

i have no idea... here's a bump! good luck!

i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Call JAG.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collegegrad2013
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM

also check you landlord tenant laws. that will have more to do with it than calling JAG (JAG is for military issues, this is more civilian).  If you are on a lease, most of them will have a buy out options, pay a certain amount of money to disolve the lease.  If you are month to month, and have paid all your past due amounts, there should be no re-rental fee. 

Also ask the landlord. legally, they can not misrepresent themselves when it comes to accounting.  good luck...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)