Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long before?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 11 Replies
In your opinion how long should a couple be together before they move in together? Get married? Have children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:49 PM

It depends on the couple. My first husband and I didn't live together until we were married.  My DH and I, his stuff migrated to my apartment after about 3 dates, then we moved in together 3 months later.  13 years later, we are still together.

Mommajub
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM

It depends on the people. Everyone is ready at different times.

DH and I were together everyday, after 3 months he asked me to marry him, 3 months after that we were living together. And 4 months after THAT we were making plans for baby #1, we wanted a baby right away. It happened a little quicker than we thought it would, so I was 3 months pregnant when we got married

save the date

s.k.smommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:59 PM
I agree it depends on the couple. My dh and I were dating for a month, got engaged and 5 months later we were married. We didn't have children for a couple years but that's only because that's when I got pregnant. We wanted children sooner but it didn't happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nett75
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:12 PM

My Dh and I dated for 8 years before he proposed (July) moved in together (October 1) got married (October 22). We've been married for almost 4 years...

JazzyJes
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM

depends on the people, how they feel about each other,etc....

2boysmommy.js
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM
we dated three weeks,moved in, three months later bought a house.. After eight months we were preg... Its been almost seven years and were unmarried and perfectly happt with our growing family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isabellas_Mom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:38 PM
We were together for 3 years before living together. Married after 4. We have been married now for 6 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaleCNowak
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I have no good answer, I do think that they should both mutually respect one another before living together.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Whenever the time is right for them.

I moved in with DH about a month into our relationship.  He proposed about 3 months into our relationship, and we married about 9 months into our relationship.  7 years later, we're still going strong.  :)

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Depends. Of course i think it would be greqt for a couple to take their time to get to know.each other and all but it just depends. My husband and I moved in after 2 weeks and then got engaged 5 months later then married 3 months after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)