Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice! Before I go insane!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ok, so I've been with df for 18 months. We've had alot of changes in the past yr. I've lost all need/want for sex. I don't want it, I don't want him to touch me or look like he wants it. I'm now taking birth control and been on antidepressant for 4 weeks.
How do I gets back into wanting it before I loose him???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.myboys
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:37 PM
I would try to just show affection towards him. Start off slow like kissing, heavy petting and go from there. Maybe slowly starting to stir things up will help you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:42 PM

i think between the antidepressants and the BC its killing your sex drive. I would talk to your doctor about it. They have libido boosters you can buy at like walmart or GNC. There are other things you can try like getting all dressed up sexy for him, do your hair, put some make up on, light some candles. Get some lubes ( his and hers) get some toys. Start out slow cuddling, kisses, rubbing.. good luck! i would talk to your doctor though!!

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM

anyone else! this lady needs advice!!

SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Quoting AlannaMaria:

i think between the antidepressants and the BC its killing your sex drive. I would talk to your doctor about it. They have libido boosters you can buy at like walmart or GNC. There are other things you can try like getting all dressed up sexy for him, do your hair, put some make up on, light some candles. Get some lubes ( his and hers) get some toys. Start out slow cuddling, kisses, rubbing.. good luck! i would talk to your doctor though!!

Couldnt have put it better myself.
LadyStork
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Antidepressants are NOTORIOUS for killing sex drive and so are some BC's. Time to put in a call to your dr!

mommaofive
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Seeing your doctor is definitely the first step, but you should also talk to him about it. Explain whats going on so he will know you still him, but you may have a problem with your medication. If you don't communicate what's happening he'll just feel hurt and confused and it WILL push him away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarbaby143
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:44 AM
He don't understand. I told him I can't do it if i.m not in the mood, its painful when I'm dry. He just wants sex.

. My dr. put me on the meds (bc and hapy pill) a month ago. I go back next week to talk to my dr. I don't feel any diffrent. My co worker said I'm more talkative, ha ha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megs424420
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Try an iud instead of bc pills. They have some that are non hormone so it shouldn't affect your sex drive. Bc pills made my libido plummet!! Use lots of lube to help dryness. Antidepressants cause extra dryness. Water based lubes are best. I'm on zoloft and don't have any problems with sex drive. So maybe talk to your dr? Also try to be more affectionate to him, hug and kiss on him, maybe even try some lingerie. It might even make you feel sexier, and make you want sex more. Good luck!

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarbaby143
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:17 PM
I lost the paragard so my obgyn suggested not to use them. I didn't have.a sex drive before the meds.. I lost it after using nuva ring for 4 months.
We try somekind of warming gel, but it don't help. I hate condoms, they rub me raw. I don't like the vibrater and glass toys I have.
Thanks for all your advice! I feel so lost with this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SareyF
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM
I agree with the other ladies but wanted to add..maybe try reading literotica? Even if you start not in the mood, it gets the wheels turning. A lot of it is mental.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)