Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would u do in this situation?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
my cousin is one of those ppl where u can't always believe what they say cause u don't know what is true & what isn't... but in this case we r gonna ASSUME it's true!!

she came to me tonight (randomly showed up @ me door) & said she needed to talk. her and her husband (married 2 weeks.. got married the week after me and my husband did) they have a little boy together who is 14 months old. she said that her & the husband got into an arguement tonight and this is how it went down...

she was rocking her son to sleep & asked her dh to put water in his humidifier cause he had a cold.. he kept sitting there saying ok I'm coming when all he was doing was watching sports.. well
after 15 min of her son coughing an her trying to get him to bed she went into the bathroom and said nevermind I'll do it.. so she started filling it up (son in her arms).. her husband ran in grabbed the thing and spilt water everywhere and said "u don't fucking do it in here u do it in the kitchen god ur so fucking impatient" she then lightly pushes him out of her way & calmly says "don't yank things out of my hand & don't cuss in front of ur son" he then pushed her back (hard she says while the son was in her arms) she then CALMLY says "please move" (he was blocking her in the doorway of the bathroom.) she said he starts yelling & screaming at her in front of the kid so she starts ignoring him & starts trying to make funny faces at the little boy to make him laugh cause he looked scared.

now ASSUMING this is all true word for word.. meaning she really did talk calmly and didn't yell also.. what would y'all do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:56 PM

IMO if what she says is true and he is violent in the face of reason and violent with his son in her arms....GET OUT.  No two ways about it.  My first relationship was very abusive, started out as small stuff like this and culminated in me getting shot....Walk away, quickly and don't look back.

Just saying...

Anryan

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM
bless ur heart! I'm sorry u got shot! that was my advise to was for her to leave. she made excuses saying she ain't getting a divorce after 2 weeks and he has never done anything like that b4: but whatever! like I said u never know if she is yelling the truth' I never know when to believe her and that's sad

Quoting Anryan:

IMO if what she says is true and he is violent in the face of reason and violent with his son in her arms....GET OUT.  No two ways about it.  My first relationship was very abusive, started out as small stuff like this and culminated in me getting shot....Walk away, quickly and don't look back.

Just saying...

Anryan

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:19 PM
I would be concerned and tell her to get out of that situation..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM

i wouldnt stay. i would leave.

Poohy1975
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I would leave

witchmomone
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM
I'd run
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toots_Sam
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM
I don't believe its true, simply because I can't see a mother being sooo calm when someone (dad or not) is putting their child in harms way like that. I'm just thinking that's bullshit.

But for the sake of this post let's say it did happen like that...what else is there to do other than leave. He's an abusive asshole and if they have been married for two weeks but have a 14 month old together...they have been in each others lives for some time and I'm sure that was not the first time he's let his abuse flag fly. If its true she needs to take her son and get gone asap. Domestic violence is not a game and not one of those things that people who do this shit actually change. It gets worse and worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClassyMom619
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I'd leave his ass

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM
yea I don't believe the part about her being "calm" just can't see her being that way! but I agree I would leave in a heartbeat!!

Quoting Toots_Sam:

I don't believe its true, simply because I can't see a mother being sooo calm when someone (dad or not) is putting their child in harms way like that. I'm just thinking that's bullshit.

But for the sake of this post let's say it did happen like that...what else is there to do other than leave. He's an abusive asshole and if they have been married for two weeks but have a 14 month old together...they have been in each others lives for some time and I'm sure that was not the first time he's let his abuse flag fly. If its true she needs to take her son and get gone asap. Domestic violence is not a game and not one of those things that people who do this shit actually change. It gets worse and worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:35 PM
That's a tough one, if its true she needs to leave...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)