• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cat question

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

do female cats spray or just  male cats?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom23by28
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I think just some males out of the cats Ive had only had one male that did it reason his name was squirt LOL

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:12 AM

typically just male cats, but female cats will urinate outside of thier box if they are having a behavioral issue or a urinary tract infection.

Anryan

SophistoCat
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Quoting Anryan:

typically just male cats, but female cats will urinate outside of thier box if they are having a behavioral issue or a urinary tract infection.

Anryan

Yes, they will.  I also think, from experience, that female cats are (can be) surprisingly territorial. 

holmes212
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM

out of no where my cat tonite peed on my blanket and shes never done that and i was just curious if she was spraying because she is acting like she is in heat so i changed out her whole litter box and put fresh litter thinking maybe it wasnt clean enough for her but i keep it pretty clean so i didnt think that would be a problem. any suggestions on how to stop her from doing it if she does it again?

holmes212
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM

also thanks for all the replys so quick :)

bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Get her fixed. My cat wouldn't stop peeing all over the house until we got her fixed. Thats the only thing that worked. Good luck.

Matty1966
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM
You need to get her spayed, she is marking out of instinct to let males know she is ready to breed, even if there aren't any males around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM

My female cat used to pee on our carpets when she was in heat. Since having her fixed, she hasn't done it.

AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM
just males
kathyartist2007
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I have a 5 year old female cat who has been fixed since kittenhood and she has never done that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)