• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't even fantasize...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
...about winning the lottery.

DF asked me on the drive to my hometown, what car I wanted if we won the lottery. What my dream car was. I don't have one. But we started talking about how we would use the money.

Of course it was new cars, a house, the rest if the money would be sitting in a bank collecting interest. Then he said he would give his mom an allowance of $2000 a month.

Really? Before even mentioning our daughter and her future. I know it's hypothetical, but now I don't even want to win the lottery, just so she won't get $2000 a month from us.

My grandparents are in their 90s, and I don't want their house because it has a lot if bedrooms and I wouldn't be able to come up with a good excuse that his mom could NOT live with us.

I would rather be poor and homeless. WTF? It must be even worse between us than I thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
witchmomone
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Thats okay hunni I don't want to live with my in-laws either. Been there... done that!

LyTe684
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:11 AM
I totally feel you. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Ha!

We've talked about helping our family but surely wouldn't give them an allowance. Just a nice boost on life and then they're on their own. I'd pay off my mom's house, buy my sister a reliable car. Maybe toss my brother and cousin some cash. I don't know about his family. None of them have found the home they want to buy, so no homes to pay off. No cars to pay off. So, IDK. Maybe just give them a one time "grant". Lol.

I'd love to buy a neighborhood somewhere and have both of our families move there but I doubt his parents would want to leave IN or mine leave TX. So, that wouldn't happen. :( I hate choosing between our families.

k_hall1784
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM
I hear ya! I wouldn't want to give mine an allowance either. I would be okay with giving them money up front, but that's it. I wouldn't want to be "responsible" for making sure they got it every month. My inlaws are currently living with us and its a pain in rear end. I'm so ready for them to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daeraelle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM
My ex husband, I never met his mother in person, we had one conversation over the phone. She was in Europe and didn't speak English. The most contact I had with her was the big box of European chocolate she would send me every year at Christmas.

It was amazing.

Now I can't get this crazy, bitchy woman out of my life. I stopped DF from giving her $500 a month because without me working we have to come first. He didn't like it but then he realized that his mom was just collecting extra, she lives better than we do and it's been over a year and she is still living just fine without our "support".

Besides, she tried her hardest to break us up. Even befriending an old girlfriend of his that he cheated on his first wife with 15 years ago, and getting her to try and steal him from me. Which, it didn't work, but still. My MIL is a bitch. If it was up to her DF and I would have never dated and out DD would not exist. She was waiting for me to miscarry until I hit the third trimester. I really think she wanted me to.

I just hate that he still feels he has to take care of and indulge this woman that has no respect whatsoever for our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Quoting Daeraelle:

My ex husband, I never met his mother in person, we had one conversation over the phone. She was in Europe and didn't speak English. The most contact I had with her was the big box of European chocolate she would send me every year at Christmas.

It was amazing.

Now I can't get this crazy, bitchy woman out of my life. I stopped DF from giving her $500 a month because without me working we have to come first. He didn't like it but then he realized that his mom was just collecting extra, she lives better than we do and it's been over a year and she is still living just fine without our "support".

Besides, she tried her hardest to break us up. Even befriending an old girlfriend of his that he cheated on his first wife with 15 years ago, and getting her to try and steal him from me. Which, it didn't work, but still. My MIL is a bitch. If it was up to her DF and I would have never dated and out DD would not exist. She was waiting for me to miscarry until I hit the third trimester. I really think she wanted me to.

I just hate that he still feels he has to take care of and indulge this woman that has no respect whatsoever for our family.

Wow.... I definately wouldn't share with her. Lol.

He needs to get with it and realize his mother is just fine(at least for now) and he needs to worry about y'all's family. He's a total mama's boy huh?

_Mrs.H_
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Depending on how much we won I would give everyone a little chunk to use as they please.  I don't even give my kids allowance I sure as heck wouldn't give his parents one.  And I love them all!

hc_ac_jc_nc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:42 AM
me too lol...

Quoting witchmomone:

Thats okay hunni I don't want to live with my in-laws either. Been there... done that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:24 AM
Quoting LyTe684:

I totally feel you. *hugs*
Daeraelle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM
He is a mama's boy. For whatever reason. Even though he totally disagrees with her on everything. She gets on the phone lecturing and talking and he stays quite and says uh huh every once in a while. Then he gets off the phone and doesn't know what she was talking about because he tunes her out.

I refuse to talk to her. I took her off my Facebook and she asked him why. It's because she is better friends with his exes than me and I got tired of her sharing the pictures and videos I post of DD on her wall for his exes to comment on.

He just puts up with her, and it drives me nuts. I wrote her a four page letter, going over all the things that happened between us. How I felt about each one. He told me if I gave that to her that she would never talk to him again or give him an ultimatum. So I never gave it to her, because what happens if she does disown him? He'll resent me for it. He wants me to forgive her, but she has never apologized or even admitted anything she has ever done is wrong. I can't forgive someone that doesn't want forgiveness.

Ok, vent over. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)