Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT - Box tops for education piog

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello Mama's,

I hope this is ok to post in here. If not, let me know and I'll take it down :)

Our oldest son is in 5th grade this year. This is his last year in Elementary school. They have a LOT going on for the 5th graders (all I can say is WOW lol). Anyway, in May the 5th grade class and about 40 chaperones will be going to Washington, DC (this is a big deal since we live in South Carolina). They will be going for 3 days and 2 nights. Through out this year they will be having fundraisers to help offset the cost of the trip ($336 per person). I found out last week that any 5th graders that bring in Box tops for Education, can put them toward the trip. YAY, another way to raise money. Since we live paycheck to paycheck we can really use all the help we can get.

Now to the purpose of the post (lol), if your school doesn't collect the box tops for education (and you don't have anyone else to give them to), can you send them to my son? He would really LOVE to get them and know that the money is going toward his trip and he's that much closer to being able to go. If you want to help, reply here and I'll PM you my mailing info.

Sorry this was so long, I just watned to give all the info I could. Thank you for reading :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM
that is great!! I have quite a few that i have saved and if DD doesn't need them this year i would be more then happy to send them to you!
_Mrs.H_
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I already replied in another group but I have a question.  Does each box top count for .10 cents off for the  trip or how does that work?

LorisChar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:20 PM

AlannaMaria - Thank you so much. If your daugher doesn't need them, let me know and I'll give you my address    :)

_MrsH_ - Yes, each box top is 10 cents off of his trip. I know it doesn't sound like a lot to some people (we've already been told how "stupid" it is) but it means a LOT to us for every penny that comes off   :)

AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM
your welcome! I will let you know soon!
Quoting LorisChar:

AlannaMaria - Thank you so much. If your daugher doesn't need them, let me know and I'll give you my address    :)

_MrsH_ - Yes, each box top is 10 cents off of his trip. I know it doesn't sound like a lot to some people (we've already been told how "stupid" it is) but it means a LOT to us for every penny that comes off   :)

_Mrs.H_
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Hey pennies add up!  Don't listen to them!  I think that it is a great idea to help raise some money instead of taking cash right out of your pocket!

Quoting LorisChar:

LorisChar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Thanks ladies. Each one will/does help. The more we raise (through BTFE and fundraisers) the less we'll have to pay out of pocket    :)

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I would, but my son's school is collecting them. But good luck to you!

LorisChar
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Thank you, Thatgirl70    :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)