Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you use the D word?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

When arguing with your husband are either of you quick to bring up divorce?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
worcgrl20
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM

He use to say "then why don't you just leave me" last big argument we had ( this was a while ago) we made each other a promise that we will not say that to each other no matter how mad we are..

Maema
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Not in my home, we both were married before and decided that was not an option!!!!

_Mrs.H_
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I was guilty of this.  Even though I never truly meant it I was just using the easy way out.  Had to bite my tongue many times but I finally broke the habit.

AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM
never
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Yeah we have a few times.......... we talked though and made n agreement to not say it anymore and that name calling is. A no no as well...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenmary1o1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM

no I never brought up divorce in a argument of fight..I dont want a divorce from him so why should I bring it up in a fight

KimberlyMKasten
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM

DH has said in the past if you're so unhappy then why don't you just leave. Which i stupid because I didn't say i was  unhappy. All I said was that I missed my familyand hated not being able to see them at all. I can't help it that I've always been used to being able to see them whenever I want. And now I live thousands of miles away from them all.

riotgrrl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM

No, it's not an option for us. We try not to throw out threats or hurtful comments during arguments, keep to the subject at hand. It's never so bad that either of us have actually considered divorce, and that's nothing either of us would throw out there unless we were serious.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Yes, divorce comes up when we fight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)