• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM
  • 14 Replies
Okay so yesterday my hubby comes home and he's in a bad mood due to work and then he goes off and tells me that te next time the guys want to go out he is going to go with them. I have no problem. Here is my problem, I am 9 weeks pregnant and at home all day with my 8 month old. Not I tried to talk to him without getting upset. But I told him that I didn't feel it was right for him to go out when he wants to and me stay at home and not get any "me time". He says that's not his problem and that I should just suck it up. I go get my hair done I take our son, I get a manny peddy I take our son. And I haven't done any of that stuff in 6 months. He just thinks it's okay for him to do his thing but if I do happen to get out by myself to go to the store I'm getting a call after 5 min, saying where are you at, when are you going to be home, whats wrong with him, why is he crying? My question is, do I suck it up and let him do what he wants and possibly resenting him or what do I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
worcgrl20
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM

No, i think that was a little uncalled for from him.. suck it up? really? did you have that baby by yourself? i don't think soo.. we all need time for ourselves.. so why don't you suggest to him if he gets to go out with his friends that the next day you get to go do something for you with out the baby

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Can you trust him to watch your son while you are out?  If so, I'd just say gotta run as you head out the door and leave DS with his dad and leave your phone at home.  Do your thing and when he starts complaining when you get home say that's not my problem suck it up. 

worcgrl20
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM

wheres the like button? 

Quoting BonitaM:

Can you trust him to watch your son while you are out?  If so, I'd just say gotta run as you head out the door and leave DS with his dad and leave your phone at home.  Do your thing and when he starts complaining when you get home say that's not my problem suck it up. 

crystalrbp
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:22 PM
And I was in the wrong for getting upset about all this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Lol, double like!
Agreed!
He needs to step up as a Dad! And take on more responsibility.

Quoting worcgrl20:

wheres the like button? 

Quoting BonitaM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM
He has a family now he is not single. When you go out leave your child with him and when he calls you every five minutes tell him to suck it up. He is the dad have him figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

You get a babysitter and go out. 

JNLmomme09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Wouldnt it just be easier to plan a girls night the following weekend and tell him its his turn to stay home and watch your child?

Mommajub
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Quoting worcgrl20:

wheres the like button? 

Quoting BonitaM:

save the date

LadyTsunade81
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM

You absoutely DON'T just suck it up. I'm sorry to say this but he's being an insensitive jerk off and there's no room to be nice about it anymore. I'm not saying you should turn into a raging bitch but he needs to be put in his place. Parenting is 50/50 its not just you being Mom all day and night while he gets to come and go as he pleases. You deserve your alone time too. After 8 months, your hubby should have at least something of a clue as to what he's doing. Is he putting forth any real effort to learn how to be a good Dad or does he just let you do everything? If that's the case, you need to put your foot down NOW. He needs to man up and start acting like a real Dad. If you go somewhere and he's calling you ever 5 minutes not knowing how to take care of the baby, tell HIM to suck it up and figure it out. You deserve to have your girl time. If he keeps up this kind of behavior even after you put your foot down, it might be time to ask yourself even though he's the father of your children, if he's worth it. If he really loves you and really wants to be a good father, his ass needs to start proving it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)