Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Serious Advice!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

How do you let go of a marriage?

I have been seperated since 2007 and I just can't seem to come to grips to say enough is enough....I am tired of the BS back and forth and just say its over.

We have tried counseling and all but I just don't see us back together in the future at all!

Why am I so "scared" to just say it outloud to him though I am saying it to myself????

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blazerchick4x4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM

BUMP!

GotSomeKids
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM

It's never easy to go through that.   You just have to put one foot in front of the other and on step at a time walk away.

(((HUGS)))

babs61679
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
It's hard to let go. Sometimes it takes not having someone or something for that reality to hit. Try talking to your DH about how you feel and what you've been thinking. Maybe he feels the same way or maybe he has a different opinion on everything. Maybe try counseling together or individually to get to the root of the problem. Good luck with everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rakismama
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Sounds like you have big self esteem issues. Get help for yourself, love your self first so you can have the back bone to tell him to get lost. Work on you girl! If he can't treat you right there is somebody else who can trust me.
L1558
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Okay, this is 4 years now? Doesn't it suck to be in relationship limbo? How will any future relationships stand a chance?

If you can't see a future, sounds like you're clinging to the past and stuck in your comfort zone.

I suggest making this decision with your MIND and not your HEART/emotions. This is for your own good and you already know it. Stop hanging on to a dead thing, and give a new life the chance to grow.

Seriously.

Take a deep breath and jump.

You will be glad you did.

ksmommaoffour
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM

its a scary process my first marriage lasted 6 yrs too long. because I was scared to be alone. you finally come to grips one day and say to hell with you I am going to see a lawyer and get this over with. its hard on the kids if you stay married its hard on them if you divorce but do whats best for you to be able to take care of your kids. if you are seperated and its not helping its time to call it quits. hugs. if you need to talk hun just messeg me and I will get back with you.

LivinDeadGurl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:03 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)