Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what if you was told...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
You took home the wrong baby from the hospital? What would you do? Give your child back to there right parents?

I don't think I would give my kids back, but i'll probably want to see my real child.

Lifetime movies are crazy. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra1023
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 13, so no, he wouldn't be going anywhere.  I would wonder about the other child, I'm sure.  But, there is no way that I would be trading kids, even if we had to move to some secret location in the middle of the night.  lol  Now, if the other couple wanted to give me my biological child and let me keep the one I have, too, that would be fine with me!

momma2kkw
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Lol yeah i'll take both too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommiecassie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I couldn't even imagine that.  That would be so tough to deal with. 

dlyeates
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I would want to know my biological child but I would also want to respect the kids' wishes about what they want to do.

jennymarie31
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

this is something that i have thought about for 3 years now. my youngest daughter looks nothing like me or ex husband. she has red hair. i have blonde and ex has black.. but where the heck did the red hair come from? no one had red hair on either side. the doctors told us that my ex had the dominate gene.  my water broke when i was seven months pregnant and i had to have an emergancy c section. she was rushed right out of the room because we were both having complications. she was septic and had penumonia and wasnt breathing. i was bellding to death because they had to rush top get her out and she was breach with her head stuck under my right ribs. so when they took her out of the room she wasnt banded with my id number. they took her directly to the nicu. she was on a vent and had tubes all over her body so no room for an id band. i didnt get to see her until she was about 8 hours old. when i finally saw her i said hell no that isnt my kid. she didnt look like me or my other kiddos. i guess i bitched about it enough that the hospital finally did a dna test on us this past summer. well after 2 years of not knowing for sure i found out that she is in fact my baby. i just still dont know where the red hair came from but shes mine.

busymominmo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Quoting mommiecassie:

I couldn't even imagine that.  That would be so tough to deal with. 

Have a Great Day!!!

B-FigNewton
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sue the hospital.

sassysuie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is just a little over a month old and I've already fallen in love with her. So no, I would NOT be giving her to her biological parents. Legally, she's mine. I would wonder about the other baby though...but I wouldn't be trading.

emerald2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
I loved "Switched at Birth" but I dunno what I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I wouldn't give my kids back but I don't know how I would feel about my real child.  Very conflicted for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)