Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Morning Sunshine...With a new twist!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  • 3 Replies

Good Morning ladies, how was your evening?  I hope your morning is shaping up to be a good one.  Anything planned today?  Here is a question for you today....(think i willl ask one every day lol)....

If you dislike your family, are you obligated to spend time with them? Show up at family functions? Is a family even relevant anymore – especially when you have a close circle of friends?

My evening was good, worked on some crafting stuff, made some homemade peach oatmeal cake for breakfast this morning.  Today is alot of grooming and homeschool stuff then a break this afternoon while my mom comes for a visit.  dinner tonight....Tater Tot Casserole!!!!

Have a great day i look forward to reading your answers this afternoon!!!

Anryan

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
OliviaW.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I actually got to sleep last night so my morning is great.  Right now I'm making a grocery list and checking it twice plus defrosting one of the freezers. No real plans for the day until dh gets home cause then I'll go shopping.

Yes I have family I can't stand but I sit need to be civil. Though I do believe that you can make your own family (not just by having kids) by having really close friends. I have several close friends that I see as family.

sunsetbeach81
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I love tater tot cassrole...dugger family recipe!!! Evening was great, did homework and reading with son, enjoyed the barking dogs, boys wrestling and playin (their 2 & 7) Had red beans & rice with sausage for dinner. Today, woke up way early, before anyone else and enjoyed a cup of coffee and a guitly pleaure, I watched Jerry Springer at 4 am. I then made bacon, eggs and cinnamon toast for my kids, and little brother who stayed the night (did I mention he has a broken heart and spent most of the night crying to me, cant help but to want to beat the girl up) Got ODS ready for school and made his lunch. Took him. Went for a walk, now cleaning up then my brother is taking me to lunch.

sunsetbeach81
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Quoting OliviaW.:

Yes I have family I can't stand but I sit need to be civil. Though I do believe that you can make your own family (not just by having kids) by having really close friends. I have several close friends that I see as family.

This: I try my best with my own family, and in-laws. Little brother and I are close though, and oddly Brother-in-laws gf

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)