Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with crazy in laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 27 Replies

My in laws are unimaginable don't tell them anything you don't want said on the national news!!!!  My sister in law always acts like were the best of friends tells me her secrets and private things she can trust me to give her my honest opinion and keep the matter between the two of us.  But i can not expect the same from her ever!  It is not fair she can call me like were the best of friends, but she is my worst enemy, because she is a wolf in sheeps clothing acting all sweet and concerned just so she can tell everybody what I say.  I just told her to never call me again she twist things and hurts with them.  She is something else.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikeyjavimami21
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with my SO's family. His sister could fall off the face of the earth for all I care, she is ridiculous. His Mom and brother help us A LOT by getting my kids from school, BUT can be inconsiderate assholes. Like last night... we work 45 min away from home, and he finished late so I was waiting for him. They happened to be close by visiting his gpa in a rehabilitation center, so we go to find the place and get the kids... find it and they had left and took the kids to wendys (they couldn't have waited 10 minutes?) THEN we get there and the boys backpacks were in the other vehicle (SRSLY, you KNEW we were coming to get them!)

Anyways little crap like that DRIVES me nuts! I just deal as best I can. We aren't super friendly but it has a lot to do with past shit rather than how they are as people all the time.

gottime
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

My in laws not only treat me poorly but every one around them.  They thnk they are really better than everyone else, and its not there fault but always everyone else's.

BamaMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I cant stand my MIL...we lived with her for a few months and it was HELL!! Her and her hubby would make my husband pay the bills while they spent all their money getting drunk! I finally got up the nerve to call her out on all the crap...she ended up kicking us out b/c of it..but I got to call her a fuc**** bi***.....and it was AMAZING!! She is manipulative, a liar, a theif(she and her hubby stole from HER own family)..and she thought it was a good idea to get married on MY HUSBAND'S BDAY!!! My DH was so hurt by that....I could go on and on about her...For now, I deal with her, just to keep the peace!!

MumsTheWord571
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM
My mil & SIL are NUTS! I don't deal with them. Like at all. I tried getting DH to reconnect with them & it backfired big time. They asked to move in with us & he said no way in hell didn't even consult me because HE didn't want it. But according to them it was because I told him no.

My FIL & BIL are great. A little bit of horn dogs checking out my rack. But whatever. THAT I can deal with easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clynn79
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM
My in laws are great. It's my family they tell everything and think everyone owe's them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofqxb
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:52 PM
They are all nutty. My MIL will tell me one day that it is in Jon's nature to sleep all day. He's a night owl just like his father. This being said after I bitch about him sleeping all day. Then the next day she calls me asking if he's up yet. And then bitches how he isn't going to get anything done by sleeping all day.(he works evenings)

One of jons brothers makes up to 20,000 a month but never less than 10,000. His wife pays 2,000 a month for child care for three kids(she don't work). Refuses to shop at regular grocery stores. Apparently they have stores for rich people in their town, because that's the only place she will buy groceries. So if I pay $1 for a head of lettuce at my local grocery store, she is paying $4-5 for the same thing.

One of his other brothers I get along with. He reminds me of my family, we get along great. His wife on the other hand is a BITCH from hell. I have never been made to feel welcome in their home, she refuses to get a job. Not because she can't, she just won't. They almost lost their house. BIL screwed up his knee(just had surgery on it last week) he's been out of commission for 2 months and will be out for a while. They have 2 teens and a 4 year old. But she don't take care of the 4 year old. She makes her older two do it. Or her husband. DF told me one day he was over there helping his brother work on his car and she dropped the kid off with them. At a garage, where there were sharp objects, and all kinds of things that aren't safe for kids. Said she had to go take care of her parents. After the little boy almost got hurt they took him to her parents house where she was sitting out by the pool getting a tan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gottime
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

If I could give some advice out there to all the single ladies i would say  meet the family before you get attached to a man.

dingysfamily
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM

My in-laws are fantastic ... love them all to death!  Now, the 1st set of in-laws, a different world ... 2 were great, the rest not so much.  I got rid of the nutty/crazy ones when I divorced dh #1!

JasNmicahsMommy
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I had problems with my Inlaws also, I don't speak or have any relationship with them a majority if them. I speak to my sister n law and brother in law and father in law ( divorced from my mother in law, smart man) . Well my mother in law was 2face, she would tell me hold on to the marriage blah blah blah and then tell my DH YOU NEED TO LEAVE HER! So when the truth came out, I cut all ties with them. I told my husband " I married YOU, not your family, all that matters to me is you and the kids and thats what should matter to you." If you want to speak to your  extended family by all means do so, if you want to go to family gatherings go right ahead but I will not be there because I don't want negativity in my life. He was fine with it, and he don't speak with half of his family including my mother in law because he seen how EVIL she is. But we won't go into detail on her and bring up the past.

busymominmo
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Quoting gottime:

If I could give some advice out there to all the single ladies i would say  meet the family before you get attached to a man.

What are you supposed to do when she acts like a wonderful person and then after you say "I do" she changes?! That's what happened to me!!!! Thankfully she lives far away and we don't have to see her very much!

Have a Great Day!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)