• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friend needs advice!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

hey guys... My friend is in a bind. and needs some major advice...

She says that she lost her sister-in-laws number, so she went to get the number out of her husbands phone... She ran across a number she didnt recognize in his phone (a female number) So she wanted to see checked the text messages, There was some text messages between her husband and this female.

Him- I want to be with you

Her- I want to be with you too.

Him- Come down here than?

Her- I can't i'm in stupid school

Him- Sigh...

She seen that and instantly her heart dropped and got highly upset... So after her kids went to be, she confronted him about it... she said.. are you happy with me, he said OMG are you PMSing again, she said no i am asking a serious question right now. he said yes i do, i love you and i am happy with you. she said than who is (the girls name ) he said what???? she siad in your phone, the text messages, he said she is a girl from high school, she said, how did she get your new number, he said i have had this number for awhile, she siad NO, you just got this number... remember???? he continueously says he loves her, he only wants her, he got rid of his phone and computer to prove to her that he wasn't cheating or anything... He says, i love you and i don't want you to be mad at me, You and our kids are the only thing I have.Idon't want ot lose you...  I don't need anyone in the past, When i wrote that text i didn't mean it like that i mean't it like i wanted more friends closer to me in our state.

What do you think she should do? They have 2 children together.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jennymarie31
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i cant tell her what to do i can only say what i did. i found out that my ex was cheating. i caught him on the phone talking sexually to my own sister. so i told them both to fuck off. i will always doubt any man from now on. i know that this is wrong but my suggestion is to give it some timw and if she still suspects that hw is cheating ask him to go to counseling. if he wont go she should go by herself and maybe she will get some ideas on how to deal with this kind of thing. tell her i said good luck honey! i hope that everything goes well. and if she needs to talk to let me know.

KCS1211
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I'm going through the same thing with my little sister and her bf. If it were me? I would pack his stuff and send him on his way. Easier said than done though. Sad :(

kaylamae90
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM
There's a difference in "I want to be with you" and "I miss you, I wish I had more friends down here". He kinda sounds like he is full of shit. If it were me I would definitely keep an eye on him and go to counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ryansmom2004
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

He is lying. Sorry, but why would he say "I want to be with you" if they were only friends? Just because he gets rid of his phone doesn't mean a thing. That just means that he can't be reached by his wife when he doesn't want to be found.

jaydensmom1726
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

was this a one time thing or is it on going?

RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I think that guy needs to come up with some better excuses because "i wanted more friends" is about the lamest shit i've ever heard. Sounds to me like he has something going on the side...idk. Me personally, if there are children involved, i always say try to make it work. UNLESS it's just something that can't be fixed.

its not like she walked in on him doing someone else, these are just texts... i think she's just going to have to decide if she wants to forgive him and move on or possibly risk having it happen again in the future.

a_blair
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM
She should check phone records and see how many times that number had been called/text. Sounds like he's full of shit to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmcwife1
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 2:21 AM

They have had issues in the past.. and she is just really upset about it... she dont know what to do..

witchmomone
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Yea it definately sounds like he's full of shit. 

Quoting kaylamae90:

There's a difference in "I want to be with you" and "I miss you, I wish I had more friends down here". He kinda sounds like he is full of shit. If it were me I would definitely keep an eye on him and go to counseling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)