Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vasectomy??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM
  • 12 Replies
Has ur so had one if so were there a lot of complications? Was it painful or did he take long to recuperate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WayaWesa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM

My husband got one after we had our second child, because he said since I did so much to bring our into the world, he could at least get "fixed" to save me from the stress of getting my tubes tied and keeping me from having anymore bad pregnancies. (I have had two miscarries and with both pregnancies, I had a lot of complications)

He was in pain for the first two days, but only if he sat down wrong or if we had to get in the car and we went over bumps. But they give them some nice drugs to put them in their happy place for a while. After the initial 2 days, he just has to take it easy till the incision is completely healed. That didn't take long either.

The long part and the hardest is they are not allowed to ejaculate for at least 6 weeks. Pretty much like what we are supposed to do after having a kid. But he still says it wasn't that bad at all, especially for the reasons.

mandyjh
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM
My DH got one after our second was born, he was in only a small amount of pain for a few days, and had no complications at all, he was back to work in 2 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:10 PM

My husband had one at Kaiser and it was so easy he had enough time to enlist the surgeon in on a joke against me. He was in and out in under 30 mins. He walked out and looking dead-pan said, "The doc said oops, dear." Then he and the doctor bust up laughing.

ekralevich
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:19 PM

oops as in they cut off his penis?

Quoting squeekers:

My husband had one at Kaiser and it was so easy he had enough time to enlist the surgeon in on a joke against me. He was in and out in under 30 mins. He walked out and looking dead-pan said, "The doc said oops, dear." Then he and the doctor bust up laughing.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM

No complications,no long time recovering&he was just tender!

RutterMama
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Not yet... But one day he will!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM
I want DH to get one when we r for sure done having children because I dont want to have to take a pill for the next 30 yrs & I don't want to have surgery & I just thought it would be easier if he got it done but he's afraid to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxanna79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:57 AM
My dh is getting one today! So we will find out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM
My dh wants one after this baby is born. I'd like him to wait atleast a year but we will see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matty1966
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Same with my DH. Just keep an ice pack handy!!

Quoting mandyjh:

My DH got one after our second was born, he was in only a small amount of pain for a few days, and had no complications at all, he was back to work in 2 days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)