Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Interracial Marriages/Relationships.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 119 Replies
2 moms liked this

How many of the moms here are in or  have been an interracial marriage/relationship? Any challanges with your marriage or relationship that had to do with race? Whether from family members or from friends

DH and I fall under the category of interracial marriage.  I am half salvadorian and half mexican.  DH is half black and half japanese.  It has never been an issue between us but, some people on my side of the family have given him and our kids a hard time. It is really tuff for DH because he is really close to my parents and parts of my family due to not having any of his own. It really angers both of us when some of my family treat our kids differently because they share DH's blood.  Some will even go as far as not giving Christmas presents.  

by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaHome
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM

My husband is Mexican. My family has strong German roots. Before we got married I was told that I should be prepared to be the bread winner because Mexicans don't work. Sigh. I wish people would just shut the hell up.

2bkayleesmommy
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow... That's a first! Mexican's r usually known for being some of the hardest workers!!

Quoting MamaHome:

My husband is Mexican. My family has strong German roots. Before we got married I was told that I should be prepared to be the bread winner because Mexicans don't work. Sigh. I wish people would just shut the hell up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You honeslty don't need people like that in your life

MamaHome
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Thats what I said and the response to that was "You cant make a living selling oranges on the freeway."

Effin A.

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

Wow... That's a first! Mexican's r usually known for being some of the hardest workers!!

Quoting MamaHome:

bellasmom_01
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM

My husband is black, puerto rican, white & american indian. I am a mutt comprised of mostly irish, german & spanish. We have not encountered many issues due to our races. I was harassed on more than one occasion for dating outside my race when I was younger only by strangers though never family or friends.

esmeralda1
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Quoting bellasmom_01:

My husband is black, puerto rican, white & american indian. I am a mutt comprised of mostly irish, german & spanish. We have not encountered many issues due to our races. I was harassed on more than one occasion for dating outside my race when I was younger only by strangers though never family or friends.

Its great never to get that from family or friends. Strangers its not so bad at all because there opinion matters less

2bkayleesmommy
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:24 AM
I've always dated with in my race I just simply not attracted to anyone not mexican or white (I'm russian/mexican) my SO is mexican pure but looks like a white boy haha ppl look @ him crazy when he speaks spanish haha too funny but my family would never say anything my brother is married to a japanese girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom_01
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Quoting esmeralda1:

Quoting bellasmom_01:

Its great never to get that from family or friends. Strangers its not so bad at all because there opinion matters less

I can't imagine my family not being supportive no matter what. They gave me a hard time because DH is a Marine but that's only cause they're a bunch of hippies. lol 

Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never dated anyone out of my race but I do find myself attracted to men in other races. I don't think my close family would have anything to say about it. I know the ones who matter to me r not that judgmental & screw what everyoneelse thinks. It's not like dating an animal as far as I know ppl of different races are still human.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esmeralda1
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bellasmom_01:

Quoting esmeralda1:

Quoting bellasmom_01:

I can't imagine my family not being supportive no matter what. They gave me a hard time because DH is a Marine but that's only cause they're a bunch of hippies. lol 

yeah but men in uniform are hot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN