Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband left - thought of this after the 1st question

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM
  • 36 Replies

If your husband left what would you do?

Would you have to get a job? Where would you live?

(not trying to be negative I promise!)

If you are a family of a special needs child or caregivers please join us at F.O.C.U.S. - Familes and Outstanding Caregivers Unconditional Support. We are trying to make these kids lives better

F.O.C.U.S. WEBSITE - Focusoh.webs.com

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sumtermom3
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM
I already have a job. I work at home. I would not move. When got married I had a home and he did not.(still lived with his parents) we have sold and bought a few times since but I would get the house if something happened to us. He came to marriage with nothing, I'm not leaving with nothing. Plus he would never do that anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tylersmom119
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM
I have a great job and a good income already. I guess I would stay in the house long enough to figure out what to do next. My first concern would be to save my marriage if at all possible... unless there was abuse or infidelity. I don't believe in divorce unless one of those things happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashmom614
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I'd have to get myself a job ASAP and I would stay living where I am now and he'd have to go somewhere else.

crazynlove1207
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I have a job, I would find a place and take care of my kids and move on... Eventually.

-mrs.mamma-
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I would as soon as I could, since I'm 38wks pregnant  :)
and until I could get on my feet, I'd probably live with my parents..

LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I would probably end up getting some lame ass part time job, live with a friend, and never ever date again!

the3Rs
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:10 AM
I have a job - work at home. I'm the primary breadwinner so I would stay in the house - he couldn't afford the mortgage on his salary alone anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I would have to get a job, juggle the responsibilities that I already have and make it work because of my daughter.  Since I live 3 houses down from my family, I'd probably ask HIM to leave as I wouldn't want him in that close of a proximity to me if I had to move back in with my family.

When my responsibilities lightened a little, I'd probably consider going back to school and juggle that as well, because that would be a temporary thing that could lead to more job opportunities further down the road.

AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this

i have enough money saved in MY bank  where i would be able to  get my own place and pay bills, until i found a job that i wanted.

ChrissyReznor
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM
I'd go live with my mom and get a job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)