Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Video game limit?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
Does your hubby have a limit on how long he can play video games? I don't want to do that for mine. I want him to play his games and have fun. Plus I'm not his mother, I don't want to tell him what to do. And he generally always asks if I mind if he plays before he turns it on. But then he plays for hours and hours. I'm starting to feel a little neglected. He makes sure he talks to me and will come kiss me while he's waiting for something to load, which makes me happy. But he plays from the time he gets home til maybe half an hour before we go to bed. I'm getting frustrated.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
august_baby_09
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:29 AM
I know how u feel at one point I got so mad at him that I told him I was going to sell his Xbox if for one night he didn't leave it alone and spend time with me this was after dealing with it for a few years. Now he is better he still plays alllllll night but he will leave it alone once in a while and watch movies with me or do something else. Dont really have to deal with it to much atm bc his new job he works long hrs. Only suggestion I have would be talk to him about lt when he isnt on the game. Let him play but tell him u wsnt some time together too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyanneS
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:37 AM
I don't set a time limit but I will tell him "last game" this means he should wrap it up in about 10mins or so. Also I told him when we first got the PS3 that he still better help me when I need him even in the middle of a game he knows he better go his somewhere and come help me. Try to get him to Play when you are going to be occupied with something else for a good amount of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GarrettsMom2011
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:25 AM
Mine really isnt all that much into video games
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Just talk to him, tell him how you are feeling.   After you talk, he might agree to having set times for games.  I know it can be easy to get carried away with those things.   Maybe setting a timer would work?   Good Luck.

MOM3026
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I would talk to him about it. Just say something like 'I don't mind if you play video games, but every once in awhile please take a night off of playing and hang with me' Or join him in playing the games. When my DH and I had the xbox 360 before it crapped out, we would buy a new game of a series we both liked to play and I would play with him. It gave me an excuse to hang out with him and do something he liked doing.

AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Talk to him about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)