Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In-Laws and the holidays.....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:40 AM
  • 14 Replies

How do you deal with it, especially if they are staying at your place and you don't get along?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Luckily I dont have to deal with this problem since my in laws live in Africa we dont see them during holidays

my123sons
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Thankfully we live within 20 minutes of both sets of parents. We do Christmas Eve with his family and Christmas Day at mine.

mickeymouse28
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:08 AM

BUMP!

chudler
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Lucky Lol. Mine literally live about a mile and a half down the road. Our house is #2090 and theirs is 2337

Quoting my123sons:

Thankfully we live within 20 minutes of both sets of parents. We do Christmas Eve with his family and Christmas Day at mine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickeymouse28
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:13 AM

my MIL is staying with us for christmas, just don't know for how long...she lives an hour away and of course we have to go get her and pick her up....

my123sons
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Quoting chudler:

Lucky Lol. Mine literally live about a mile and a half down the road. Our house is #2090 and theirs is 2337

Quoting my123sons:

Well, lucky depending on the day ; ) My parents live about 3 miles away and his parents about 15 miles. It is nice not having to have parents (either set) stay in our house over the holidays, I don't think I would survive them.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:25 AM

We get along! But right now we are too far away anyway!

opal10161973
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Both of our parents live about an hour away, so we just drive down to see them. Just be as polite as you can. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauren5280
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM

If you don't respect me then you're not welcome in my home.  Period.  Just ask my in-laws.  They haven't seen their son for over 2 years because of their behaviour. 

Ngelulu
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Well my MIL and I don't usually get along, but surprisingly after I became pregnant again, she is treating me all nice lately. I don't think the holidays will be too bad this year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)