Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Passion????

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:17 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have been married for 6 years and have two beautiful children, I love my husband but at the same time I feel like there is no passion in our relationship anymore.  Our sex life is good, that isn't the problem, it's the day to day that is struggling.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Are there any suggestions to bring back PASSION?  I really miss that can't get enough of you feeling that we used to have.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cresha63
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:26 AM
I feel the same way! I want that feeling I had when we were dating and when we first got married. My hubby and I are about to celebrate our 7th anniversary. Maybe it's the '5yr rut' lol and we are just late! I'm always late for everything! :) sorry u feel this way and hope things get better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sakurachiba
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:32 AM
Same problem. It really sucks. Hurts almost. Happened almost immediately with birth of baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Timothys_Grl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:00 AM
Same here! We've been married for a little while, not as long as some of you ladies, it'll be 2 years in May, & we've been together about 3, we use to have so much passion, love for each other, & now its just like, where did it all go? I know exactly how you feel, cuz im feeling it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckyme7
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:35 AM
You just have to hit rock bottom and then start coming up. That's what happened with us. Kids are definitely passion killers :).
witchmomone
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:51 AM
Hate to sound like a broken record but us too. I miss the days of young love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

We will be married 10 years next month and also have 2 kids. There is no passion! LOL! My only suggestion is to go away alone. Anytime we think we might get a night away alone in a hotel we look forward to it like crazy! Now it's very rare, don't get me wrong. But once in a blue moon it does happen and its wonderful!

In the meantime we dream of the days when the kids are older and more slef sufficient. We realize that these days are temporary and we will one day get back to being "us".

Pherlyce
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been married for 20 years now, and as I go through our life we both knew that marriage life has a stages, your in 6 years now and as i remember this is the stage that life is fine but not the intimacy part it becomes boring, what we did is we always look back all of our first, like first kiss, first romantic date, first kinky things we did, everything you two did before and that helps our relationship a lot, and the most thing that helps us, we talk about what we will do and plan, but we knew in our mind is not gonna happen so we call it short cut and we laugh so hard,  we knew marriage life is not just the intimacy, is about knowing and understanding that this is going to happen. But you know what is the best part is now we are in our mid 40's and our kids are teenagers,  we have time for each other and the sex is great than the first time we had. just be patience life will be better just hang on ^___^  Don't stop communicating to each other, everything that you can talk about and be honest, don't keep it inside, maybe he is thinking the same way and he don't want to hurt your feeling and vice versa. 

mrsdukes2008
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:46 AM
We've only been married for 3 years, but we've been together for over 10...so I agree this is an issue for us to. During these past 10 years we've been together almost every day for most of that time...so sometimes its difficult for us to be intimate in our day to day lives. Since our pregnancy loss 2 weeks ago something has started to change...but for the better. I'm hoping that it stays like this and that we continue to work on this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harry209
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM
I have been married for almost 14 years been together 15 1/2 what happens we focus on what we had in the beginning, time changes, life changes, don't compare to the was make the now, marriage is like any other job hard work if you want it back than get it but don't expect it to be like they past it's going to be new fresh and different. This happens to us all, but this is how we look at things and work on keeping one another happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmarie1086
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Thank You all so much for the words of confort and wisdom. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this.  I guess for us it's difficult because my husband isn't much of a communicator because of some issues he has related to PTSD and other things.  Also our relationship is a bit different then others because we never really dated (it's a LONG story).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)