Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling.....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:41 AM
  • 14 Replies
My husband works out of town sometimes. He didn't call me for two days so i got worried, was upset and left a message. He called said he was sorry just busy and didn't feel like talking. I waited yesterday for his call and it started to get late...I went out with the girls thinking he wouldn't call, missed his call and waited till morning to call him. He totally chewed me out and said he didn't like this game I was playing...ect ect. Why am I supposed to sit by the phone....he doesn't?
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:56 AM
5 moms liked this

Sorry but that sounds very childish on his part. So hes busy and doesn't "feel like talking" to his wife? I'd be pretty pissed about that. So then how dare he yell at you for not being there when he "does feel like talking".

These games were supposed to go out the door with teenage dating

BamaMommy2
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I agree!

Quoting 98765:

Sorry but that sounds very childish on his part. So hes busy and doesn't "feel like talking" to his wife? I'd be pretty pissed about that. So then how dare he yell at you for not being there when he "does feel like talking".

goddess829
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:05 AM

You know, when I've been busy sometimes I just don't want to talk to anyone.  It doesn't mean I'm being mean, I just want to be.  It wasn't right for him to expect you to wait by the phone, either.  I'm just wondering if his job isn't stressing him out.

KarenandaBaby
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I don't know enough to say what's going on with him. I understand being upset about not hearing from him. I would always make myself available for his calls though if it's a priority. Maybe he was upset because he doesn't know how to make you happy, and he is trying.

Gmgej
by Michele on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes this!

Quoting 98765:

wifeandmomof2.5
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM

If his job was stressing him out I would think he would want to talk to his wife about it.  I would never let my husband go 2 days without calling me!  He had time just didnt use it.

Quoting goddess829:

You know, when I've been busy sometimes I just don't want to talk to anyone.  It doesn't mean I'm being mean, I just want to be.  It wasn't right for him to expect you to wait by the phone, either.  I'm just wondering if his job isn't stressing him out.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM
This!

Quoting 98765:

bren_darlene
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I agree with you.  He can find time to call!  It takes just a second.  Right now my DH is having to work out of town. He calls at least a dozen times a day. At least!  We don't stay on the phone but just long enough to say that we love each other, need and miss each other because they are just on break.  We do most of our talking at night.   If I were you it would bother me too!

Lauren5280
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Both responses sound childish.  He should have called before two days passed and you should have returned the call after being out with the girls.  Why not get cell phones and then you can talk whenever you want. 

Married to my best friend and mom to 3 amazing girls, 22, 14 & 12

Melissa0741
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM
I understand what you're saying about not feeling like talking to people sometimes, and I do that too. However, this is her HUSBAND and he's on the road. It's not like he just came home from work and had a stressful day and went to unwind for a while, you know? I think that if he didn't "feel" like talking then he could have communicated that with her. For all she knew he was dead somewhere....I always worry and think of the worst things so this wouldn't be ok for me.

Quoting goddess829:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)