Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home births?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM
  • 40 Replies
Has any1 ever had one? I wish SO bad that i could have a home birth with my next baby but its illegal in my state :/...i know i could deliver my baby on my own @ home but id be scared to do that with no midwife or anything! we also cant do water births either :( the hospitals dont have big bathtubs it SUCKS! im not pregnant or anything just been seeing a lot of shows on it lately & i think itd be so cool haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
No thanks. U can still have a natural birth (without drugs) with the safety of a hospital in case of emergency.
personally, i liked my epideral both times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rstaley04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM
I always wanted to do a water birth but that will never since I had to have a c section with ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM
oh i loved my epidural with my first as well haha..but think i wanna do natural once

Quoting conniejo75:

No thanks. U can still have a natural birth (without drugs) with the safety of a hospital in case of emergency.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urtrnngvlt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a csection with my first and a home water birth with my second.  The care I recieved with my midwife was so much better than ANY doctor I've ever seen.  She was professional yet established a friendship with me that last even a year after my baby's birth.  It was the most fullfilling and natural experience of my life and I will most definitely chose to have another home birth if we decide to have more children. 

If you are truely interested in a home birth I recommend watching the business of being born (you can get it on netflix) and the more business of being born.  I would consider going to another state if I were you.  When attempting to make this very personal decision I would remember a few things 1. NO ONE has the right to tell you how or where or when to birth, including the government and 2. studies have shown that home birth is as safe if not safer than birthing in a hospital for low risk women.  If you have any questions feel free to pm me. :)

SareyF
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
That's crazy that its illegal! It's usually just as safe or safer than hospital births. And water births are beneficial to mom and gentle on baby. Sheesh!
I had both babies at the hospital, one medicated and one natural, and I'm glad I was in the hospital for the second because she swallowed a lot of blood and amniotic fluid and they had to suction her air way. But having said that, I still completely respect a moms right to choose, barring any serious limitations, how she births her baby. It's hard work and a time you never forget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SareyF
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Totally doable and I felt great after!

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

oh i loved my epidural with my first as well haha..but think i wanna do natural once

Quoting conniejo75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM

No home birth for me, i would be nervous that if something did go wrong thered be no drs to help. I would like to do a water birth at our local hospital, it seems like a better transition for baby than coming straight out into the air. They just built a new hosp so its super nice, the birthing siutes look out to Mt.Ranier, so beautiful!

Turtledoves
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Home births are shown to be safer that hospital births, and you're off the doctor's watch so you're not being shoved into a Csection.

I personally can't do one as I live outside the time range of the hospital for my midwives (must be within a half hour distance, we're 45-50 minutes). But I keep trying for a birthing center birth. With my last I ended up in the hospital after three days of PROM. but I still had her all naturally, drug free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Not all doctors push to a c section. The doctors i have had have both been very anti c sections and only used them when absolutely necesarry. My sister and i had the same doctor... i delivered both mine with no cutting or tearing because he used stretching techniques so that i wouldnt tear (newer doctors tend to jump right to doing episiotomy (sp?) But he was very "old school". My twin sister was on the verge of getting a c section because the baby hb kept dropping but he kept a close eye on her and let her try vaginal birth. Unfortunately my niece's head was a lot smaller than her shoulders so our dr couldnt predict how difficult a delivery it would be. My sister ended up tearing even with an episiotomy :( My niece was almost 10 lbs with broad shoulders. Our dr told my sister if he had any way to know how difficult a delivery it would have been, he would have just dont the c section. There are so many variables that can happen during child birth. I found a doctor i was comfortable with and trusted completely. I think thats the most important part.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Home births are shown to be safer that hospital births, and you're off the doctor's watch so you're not being shoved into a Csection.

I personally can't do one as I live outside the time range of the hospital for my midwives (must be within a half hour distance, we're 45-50 minutes). But I keep trying for a birthing center birth. With my last I ended up in the hospital after three days of PROM. but I still had her all naturally, drug free.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:43 PM
I would never want to do that...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)