Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice please! Tech savvy?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
So, I want to get hubby a tablet computer for Christmas. I don't know what kind to get. He would need it for work. Like so he could work on his work documents from home on the tablet. So he wouldn't need to haul his laptop back and fourth. I want it to be able to be like he is just working off of his work computer except on the tablet. I had heard there's just an app that can do that but I'm not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manamott
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Please?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:39 PM
I have an ipad2 and it is amazing I love it!
Lauren5280
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:34 PM

What's your budget?

Married to my best friend and mom to 3 amazing girls, 22, 14 & 12

Gmgej
by Michele on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I am an apple girl, unfortunately apple doesn't work well with any business apps. Sony seems to have a good windows based operating system.

MoreMia
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM

My mom has an Galaxy Tab, and one of my friends has an Ipad. It depends on your budget, but it'd recommend the Galaxy Tab, personally. 

CafeMom Tickers
manamott
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Budget is really not an issue. I was told that the iPad may not be the best for what I'm wanting since he doesn't have an Apple work computer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Yeah there are programming issues if u want it for work. I would go with galaxy tab or a windows based tablet. Have u tried going into a store (like best buy) and asking them... and u can actually see the tablets in person

Quoting manamott:

Budget is really not an issue. I was told that the iPad may not be the best for what I'm wanting since he doesn't have an Apple work computer?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM
I haven't tried, I need to for sure. I was thinking the Tab I just am so confused by it all!

Quoting conniejo75:

Yeah there are programming issues if u want it for work. I would go with galaxy tab or a windows based tablet. Have u tried going into a store (like best buy) and asking them... and u can actually see the tablets in person

Quoting manamott:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommiecassie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I agree with the pp about going to Best Buy or somewhere like that to look at them and get their advice. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:15 PM

BUMP!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)