Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Jealously Is Showing

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM
  • 34 Replies

Solomon did a portfolio shoot for a first time model named Kelsey a couple weeks ago. I saw the finished product and they were pretty frickin amazing (he really is an impressive artist).

About a half hour ago flowers were delivered to the house for Solomon from Kelsey. The accompanying note read: "Thanks for the amazing photos. Hope I can buy a drink some time. You're the best! XOXO Kelsey."

Now realistically I know this isn't that big of a deal. But she already paid a pretty price for the pics and editing in the first place and she sends me flowers and wants to buy him drinks?

I don't like this. I'm kind of jealous.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fostermomoftwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh okay i would also be concerned. thats crossing a boundary. tell u the truth i would confront her to see what her issue is, if she knows that u two are together.

RubyCanSeeYou
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM

People have sent things before, little gifts of appreciation, but never flowers. I think it's the "drinks" part that bothers me most. I don't like it. I also don't want to overreact about it you know?

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Ohhh okay i would also be concerned. thats crossing a boundary. tell u the truth i would confront her to see what her issue is, if she knows that u two are together.

Mrs.Kg8500
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Yea thats a lil disrespect she could of just sent a thank you note. Id confront her plain and simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM

ya but i would def put a stop to it..i would confront her about it just to get it all straightened out..i would feel the same way as u for sure!

AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM
I would feel the same way too... Does she know he is with you?
Mommy_81
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I would tell your hubby that you aren't comfortable with him letting her buy him a drink and that the only way drinks are gonna happen, is if you're there, too! Or to politely tell her that he's married, but he appreciates the gesture. My hubby would never take a girl up on an offer like that anyway. I hope he respects you enough to leave it alone or whatever! How does he feel about it all?

nerd.stuff
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd just politely let him know that her buying him drinks is okay, if you can attend as well. Or, drinks is a nice gesture, but he's married and uninterested. Now, it might be innocent. It could be she wants to hire him in the future... 

Hopefully he respects your feelings. 

Sweets27
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Tell him not to go because it bothers you . I would tell my dh to say thanks but not to take up on the offer. I think its inappropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:18 PM

i don't think you're overreacting, inviting him for drinks is inappropriate. i would tell him to tell her, 'thanks but no thanks."

MomofNikki2010
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a jealous person. Dh and I have friends of the opposite sex with no issues about it. I think her note was a little disrespectful, particularly the xoxo. I know my dh would just ignore it and not take her up on the drinks offer. Hopefully yours does the same! I think confronting her over it at this point is pretty childish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)