Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group and saying hi

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi all,

I'm new to Cafe Mom and this group so am saying hello! I'm 35 years old and married to dh for 3 1/2 years.

Most people think that the beginning of marriage is the honeymoon phase and then it gets routine but in our case, I think it's been the opposite.  Our first two years were tough getting into that groove.  Understanding roles, understanding limitations, understanding what's important and not.  They say you're supposed to know these things before you get married but I don't think you ever know completely and you're always learning.  No marriage is perfect, I think perfection is a myth in marriage.  You have to do what works for you and your mate and not care or compare yourself to either your parents, your inlaws or your friends.  You almost have to behave as if you were the only ones on the planet.  

If anyone has any thoughts to share, would love to hear them! 

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
harry209
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Hello
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing some insightful advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Welcome to the group.  :)

bren_darlene
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Welcome. 

My name is Brenda and my hubby and I have 15 (all home educated) children.  All but one has now graduated. My children range in age of 31 down to 14.  We also have 25 (going on 27) grandchildren aged 11 down to "soon to come".

As far as our marriage it has become sweeter and sweeter with time.  We still live and breathe one another and want to be together  24/7  :)

Deevakat
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:44 AM

15 children!? God bless you! I am tired just thinking of having one! 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM

welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)