Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being too demanding?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM
  • 16 Replies
DH was late EVERY NIGHT this week. Leaving at 8 coming home around 9. I was home dealing with our newly potty trained 3 yo DS & our teething 3 mo DD. Yesterday I literally took DS potty every 4 mins from 2 pm to 830 pm when I put him to bed & he pooped in his nighttime pullup (still having issues pooping on the potty- he asks to go & then can't). So I'm tired. I expected DH to be able to help me. Either take our fussy teething DD or play with our 3 yo so I can... Instead he expects to sleep ALL DAY leaving me alone with both kids with NO help all day!

Do you think that I'm being too demanding wanting him to be a part of the family & not just sleep all day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM
He works 8pm-9am or 8am-9pm?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCallMeBritt
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Not at all!!! Just cause he works doesnt mean he cant help you out. You 'work' all day with the kids. You deserve a break as well. Im having the same issue with my dh. 

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Usually he leaves a bit after 8 & comes home around 730 (takes 15-20 mins to get there but 1 HR to get home). He's been home 9 or so every night this week. The HR to get home is if he leaves on time when he's late it's 15-20 mins

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM
8am? I'm asking if he works days or nights?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Usually he leaves a bit after 8 & comes home around 730 (takes 15-20 mins to get there but 1 HR to get home). He's been home 9 or so every night this week.

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM
8 am to 9 pm. He works daytime. No night shifts

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

8am? I'm asking if he works days or nights?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Usually he leaves a bit after 8 & comes home around 730 (takes 15-20 mins to get there but 1 HR to get home). He's been home 9 or so every night this week.

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladywithtwo
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM
I'm not understanding then why he's sleeping all day. My DH works 9-9 days 6 days a week. He is off on Sundays. I expect him to help with bedtime when he walks in the door & he cleans on Sundays. Do you work? Maybe he needs to sleep in but after he should be up & involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM
That's my point. He had plenty of time to sleep. He slept almost as soon as he got home last night. He thinks because he works he should be allowed to sleep the day away & because I'm a SAHM I don't do anything "that" tiring during the day. Nevermind that our DS is a ball of energy & DD is going through a growth spurt and nursing all night long & I've been doing all for the kids & housework alone all week.

I think he should help. And really all I want is him to play with our 3 yo DS! How hard is that!?

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

I'm not understanding then why he's sleeping all day. My DH works 9-9 days 6 days a week. He is off on Sundays. I expect him to help with bedtime when he walks in the door & he cleans on Sundays. Do you work? Maybe he needs to sleep in but after he should be up & involved.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoreMia
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM

You're not overreacting. DH works 7-9 AM to 6 or 7 PM, Mon-Fri, and has Saturday and Sunday off, or if I need a different day for a doctors appointment he'll just work Saturday and will be off on Wednesday or etc. I expect him to help me out, and to be with us, though I do let him sleep in, and take a nap. =)

CafeMom Tickers
hotmama83227
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

i do NOT think you are being too demanding at all. they are his kids too!

Lauren5280
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM

No it's not demanding.  He's being lazy and inconsiderate.  He needs a good talking to.

Married to my best friend and mom to 3 amazing girls, 22, 14 & 12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)