Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it mean.....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM
  • 31 Replies
for me to say some people need to muzzle their brats? We were grocery shopping and I was holding Michaela. A woman pushes her cart past me and she has a kid about five or six in the buggy. As they go past this kid spits on Michaela. She didn't say a thing to this kid. Then as they go past another guy the kid spits on him! I was so pissed some brat spit on my ten month old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vwd_johnson
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh I would have a mouthful to say to that mother !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssmitley1210
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Yes its mean. I would never call other peoples kids brats, nor say they need to be muzzled like an animal. I would have said excuse me but your son just spit on my infant. Might not do much but at least then you know the parent is aware

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Well some kids are brats and are enabled by permissive parents. And some kids act like wild animals. Not all kids are sweet little angels that do no wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbailey05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM
I think if your asking you already know the answer. Kids are kids no its not OK for a child to spit on anything but they are kids. Maybe the mom didn't see it? You never know her day. Idk I would just shrug it off life is too short
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM
I would not say that comment but I would said of things to the mother like she needs watch her kid.
ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:58 PM
I didn't tell her that to her face it was an afterthought. I wouldn't tell a woman to her face her kid is a brat. I asked it on here more as a rhetorical sarcastic remark. It is so hard to portray sarcasm online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Sheila
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it's mean that his mother is allowing him to turn into a douchebag.

2rays0fsun
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I would have said something to the mom like EXCUSE ME!! someone need to tell her. But I don't think of wild kids as brats. I actually feel sorry for them. because if mom keeps letting it happen they're headed for an unhappy future IMO.

sew4fun
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this

no that is not mean at all . I would have been LIVID and would have said something . I would NOT have atacked the kid or anything but I would have said something .

Turtledoves
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Not at all. Some people let their kids run around like animals. I remember when I was 9 months pregnant and shopping, these three kids were running as fast they could and slammed into me every time they passed. It hurt and I could barely stay standing from it, I had to keep shielding my belly. I couldn't find any parents and I was so pissed that I just walked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)