Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is your form of birth control?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  • 208 Replies

So I have been pregnant twice and have two amazing little babies that I adore more than life itself...but each time I was preggers I was nauseous for 9 whole months!!! I'm sure there are worse cases than me but for me it was BRUTAL and I felt like I was never going to feel normal again. So now that it is in the past and DH and I want to be intimate, I am just so scared of doing it at all for fear of getting preggers. I tried going back on the pill but I'm afraid of blood clots and it was making me nauseous as well- at least it did for an entire week. DH is not crazy about the condom and honestly neither am I but so far it's the best and quickest method.

My doc has now also mentioned an IUD called Mirena that sounds great- once inserted you don't need to worry about removing it until months later- but some side effects include perforating the uterus hence causing you to need surgery...???

So my question to you guys is A) What form of birth control do you use and B) Is anyone on Mirena and what do you think?

by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickeymouse28
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I got my tubes tied 8 1/2 years ago when I was 21. I had my two kids and that's all I wanted. So I guess you could say that's my birth control.

FreeSpriT4eva
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM
I buy Encare cuz most pills make me sick and depo made me gain lot of weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopefulMommy89
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not on any BC nor will I ever go back on it. I was on it for 10 years and it screwed me up so bad that I still haven't conceived after more than 2 1/2 years TTC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyfiregirl
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I got the mirena since I had too much scarring to get my tubes tied! I like it so far!

mommy12711
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM

i have the mirena  i was scared too get it, but the pills made mas angry  and  nuva ring gave my migranes... and im super happy with it! icrampted alot at first but ive now had it 7 months and i like it i never have to think about it and who want to remember to take it everyday  =]]

mommysince2010
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:03 AM

My form for the next 5 months is pregnancy lol. After that I use NFP.

MumsTheWord571
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I had a Paraguard IUD before DD. loved it. Now we are using condoms until after DH's vasectomy is done & he has no more "swimmers" left. LOL

sisterhoney61
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I was on the pill for many years. My best friend is on Mirena and she loves it. She always had major problems with her period and now she doesn't have to worry about them. Yes, every birth control method causes side effects, and perforation of the uterus is one of them with the IUD. I'm not worried about getting pregnant now since I'm almost over 50 and I'm going through perimenopause. Soon, getting pregnant will be a moot point.

JZB
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM

IUD Paraguard no horomones

wintermermaid
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a form of Natural Family Planning called the Creighton Method. We've used it to avoid for the first 3 yrs of marriage, then we wanted to have a baby, and now we are back to using it to avoid pregnancy. We've been married over 5 yrs. all of this to say it works when you use it correctly to avoid :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)