Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW DID YOUR DF/DH PROPOSE??

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 12:10 AM
  • 82 Replies
So just want to let everyone know that my bf of 21/2 years proposed to me last night in front of his whole family. He got on bended knee and i was turned the opposite way and he had me jump around to face him and he was there with a ring and i started laughing. Lol. And then he asked me and stood up and asked me again and i said YES!!! It will definitely be something i will always remember on Christmas eve's to come :-) im the luckiest women alive and it was the best Christmas gift other then my twins being born in October. I love him so much and he doesn't even know how happy he made me..

So how did your df/dh propose to u? Will u always cherish that day?
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2011 at 1:16 AM
I actually planned my proposal without even kowing it.
what happend is we were both under alt of stress and so i was like lets go away for the weekend just to get some r&r he said that's fine. so i took us to a new hotel a few hours away got a whirlpool suite too him to a nice dinner then while sitting in the whirlpool drinking a glass of wine he asked if j was happy with him our life ect i was like yes he said "then i would like to give you this will you marry me" i was in shock ( he hid the ring box under towels) i said yes then drop the ring in the tub but found it. turns out he had the ring for months and was trying to figure out the best way ti propose and knew it would be perfect time when i asked to go away so i planned it with out knowing. he hid the ring in the basement cuz i never went down there. we have been married 5.5 years together for 7.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Theaterchick
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 3:32 AM
Aww that is funny but cute. That is awesome. Ya he said he had been savin up for it and that he thought Christmas eve would be perfect. I never even knew. Ya we just had b/g twins in oct and r under sum stress so i never would of thought. I like how urs came about that is funny

Quoting chrissydan:

what happend is we were both under alt of stress and so i was like lets go away for the weekend just to get some r&r he said that's fine. so i took us to a new hotel a few hours away got a whirlpool suite too him to a nice dinner then while sitting in the whirlpool drinking a glass of wine he asked if j was happy with him our life ect i was like yes he said "then i would like to give you this will you marry me" i was in shock ( he hid the ring box under towels) i said yes then drop the ring in the tub but found it. turns out he had the ring for months and was trying to figure out the best way ti propose and knew it would be perfect time when i asked to go away so i planned it with out knowing. he hid the ring in the basement cuz i never went down there. we have been married 5.5 years together for 7.5

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smilely08
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband was on leave from Afghanistan, he lived in Colorado at the time, flew to Ohio to see me we were going to the store and in the parking lot he pulled out the ring and said put it on......i guess that was his way of proposing! Not very romantic huh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCS2007
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine sorta did the same we were at the mall I was sitting in the food court after getting a snack I thought he went to use the restroom but I was wrong he came back to the table with a ring box opened sat it on the table and said will u wear this for me and I said sure

Quoting Smilely08:

My husband was on leave from Afghanistan, he lived in Colorado at the time, flew to Ohio to see me we were going to the store and in the parking lot he pulled out the ring and said put it on......i guess that was his way of proposing! Not very romantic huh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthabecker
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM
My dh one day, may 5th, asked me if I wanted to tke a drive after I got out of class. I said ok. Thought maybe he was going to break up with me, lol, we went and sat on simplot hill, where j.r.simplot (mcdonlds fry guy) lived and its now the govenor's mansion, and he said he had gone to see some friends this morning just to talk. Then he said how much he loved me and asked me if I would marry him and gave me a ring. I told him only if he could promise me 65 years, lol. I said yes. We were together only 2 months, planned our wedding for the nxt year. We have been married for almost 4 years togethr almost 5
chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Thanks. Men do keep us guessing. you will have a wonderful life together

Quoting Theaterchick:

Aww that is funny but cute. That is awesome. Ya he said he had been savin up for it and that he thought Christmas eve would be perfect. I never even knew. Ya we just had b/g twins in oct and r under sum stress so i never would of thought. I like how urs came about that is funny

Quoting chrissydan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarchBaby132012
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM

My dh proposed on christmas at my parents infront of both our families. He had a huge box ductaped and inside that box was another box and another and another. In the fith box was a card that said he had somehting for me and to turn around and there he was on one kee with the most beautiful ring. I said yes and started laughing because my grandma was bawling her eyes out. I will deffinetly never forget that day especially since everyone videotaped it haha We have been married for 2.5 years together for 3.5

mexicanbeauty
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM

IN A RESTAURANT, IN FRONT OF SO MANY PEOPLE,ON BENDED KNEES,WITH FLOWERS,ASKED ME SO FORMAL AND WITH TEARS IN HIS EYES, I TOLD HIM YES AND BEGAN CRYING ANSD SMILING

gooftroop070910
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM
I actually proposed to dh in front of my dentist. I was having a wisdom tooth pulled so dh (then bf ) came with me because i wasn't allowed to drive afterwards. The dentists asked me how bf was and I said Cory, we're gonna get married one day. And the dentist and his 2 assistants were like awe sounds like a proposal to me. We've been married 4-1/2 years, together 7 years next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSoso
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

My DH (who was at the time my boyfriend) got a new video game.  In the car on the way home I opened the packaging to see the manual to see what the game was about.  He looks over and says now I'm going to have to marry.  I said, ummmm what?  He said you opened my video game, no one opens my video games but me so now I have to marry you.  This was a running joke for a while.  Then one day he bought me a CSI game for my computer, opened it and put the ring inside.  He brought the game to me at work.  Of course I noticed it was open so I said, does this mean i have to marry you because you opened my game?  He said, just open it.  Inside was the ring with a note that said something like will you marry me or now you have to marry me or something silly like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)