Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husband has decreased sexual appetite

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
My husband and I have been married 8 yrs and in 2010 he got laid off and his sex drive since then has decreased. We haven't struggled because I work as well and we had savings. I find myself initiating sex all the time or hinting, (he just started a better job last month). He has all the excuses a woman would give for example : I have a headache, my back hurts, the baby will hear us etc......I have never been a girl to use toys or showerheads lol to satisfy my needs but I found myself so unsatisfied I had no choice. Well we do have sex maybe once every like two wks and he is OK with that. Is he not interested in me anymore? I'm too fat since I haven't lost any baby weight I don't know what to do :(
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sostler
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Awww, that sucks. Don't blame yourself! I know it is hard, but I'm sure he is trying to adjust. I don't have any real advice, but if u need support, u can always message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM
2 moms liked this

He probably took a blow to his manhood being out of work.Stress (even if not financial at the moment) can really take a toll.

alandou
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I agree with this. I know my dh likes to feel that he is taking care of his family and if for some reason he couldnt, he would feel ashamed & embarrassed no matter how much I could tell him it would be ok. it's an ego thing. just give him some time to get back into the swing of things. once he starts earning those paychecks, he will start to feel better. just be patient and find ways to reassure him you love and appreciate everything he does for you and your family. it will get better :)

Quoting MrsApple:

He probably took a blow to his manhood being out of work.Stress (even if not financial at the moment) can really take a toll.

heartslove09
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Thank you guys, I definitely will let him know how important he is and give him time :-) I guess I was starting to think there's something wrong with me
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I agree with the other ladies! He feels like he failed and let his family down. He's suppose to be the man of the house ( bread winner) I would talk to him about and see what you can do to fix it. He may just be holding a lot in and if you talk to him maybe you can get to the bottom of it. Good luck and don't give up on him!!
manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I'm sorry hun. It could be that when he lost his job and you became the main provider his man ego was hurt and when a man's ego is hurt his sex drive vanishes! :/ Maybe now that he is becoming the supporter again it will change?

heartslove09
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:21 AM
He's been back to work fulltime and he comes home less stressed and our life got back to normal, very happy thanks everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madamlinwe
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:33 AM

He's probably depressed. Men take pride in being the bread winner. Just be very supportive and there for him, is your best bet..hopefully it'll get better.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I completely agree with this. Give him time, and in the meantime, continue to initiate. Don't give up just because he's not as interested as you'd like him to be. Good luck!

Quoting MrsApple:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)