• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Styles

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you and your hubby have differnt parenting styles or are you both pretty much the same?  does having different styles cause tension in your marriage?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

We are in agreement with the way we raise our children, 100%. I believe you can't raise your kids effectively if you are not. And yes, it would surely cause a great deal of tension and strife if you weren't on the same page. It's a must.

behonest05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I like to keep our kids on a certain sleep schedule. He just lets them sleep & wake whenever. It aggravates me & causes tension. He also lets our toddler eat & drink whatever. He lets him eat candy & one time he gave him mtn dew. I was pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM

this is what I believe also and my husband and I need to greatly work on getting on that same page. Since he has been in and out of our kids lives(he's been a marine for the last 4 years) I have had all say in how the kids are raised.  Our problem area seems to be the way kids should be disciplined. Im more relaxed and try to be loving towards them but he wants to do it "military" style almost.

Quoting CoffeeMamaOf5:

We are in agreement with the way we raise our children, 100%. I believe you can't raise your kids effectively if you are not. And yes, it would surely cause a great deal of tension and strife if you weren't on the same page. It's a must.

xRockaBrittanyx
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

We're like minded on a lot of it, but there are definitely some areas of disagreement, and it DOES cause tension. We just try to find middle ground when that happens.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

DH is the calm talk it out find a solution kind of guy.  I'm the don't make me tell you again kind of girl.  It doesn't cause conflict between us.  I know he's doing what's best for DD and he knows I'm doing what's best for DD even if we don't agree.  When DD starts playing us against eachother we all get together and sort out what has been said and reach an agreement.  We both have the same goal....raising a happy, healthy, well rounded kid....so how we approach it really doesn't matter as long as the result is the same....so far, we've got an amazing child we are very proud of.

CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We agree for the most part & when we don't we talk about it. We're a team 100%!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM

We've always pretty much been on the same wave length with parenting. Never really had any problems and always backed each other up ... and with having a yours, mind & ours (but we've always considered them all 'ours') it wasn't easy in the very first month or two when one of the girls thought she could play the two of us against each other .... until her father told her different! 

SaraMommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM

We're pretty close to the same.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM

For the most part, we have the same styles. Where we do differ, we complement each other well - we rarely, if ever, disagree with each other when it comes to our daughter...and it has certainly never turned into a fight.

Gmgej
by Michele on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

We are in agreement as a whole but there are things we differ on, that is human nature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)