Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you Interested??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 73 Replies

I just wanted to know if there were any women out there interested in Islam? Not necessarily wanting to convert to Islam (although that would be ok :)), But questions... In case anyone didn't know, Islam is the religion of Muslims... Any questions about Muslims???

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Why do Muslim women wear hijabs(sp?) Why don't men wear them? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hijab frees women from being thought of as sexual objects of desire or from being valued for their looks, or body shape rather then their minds and intellect. One of the major differences is how we physically look and what we are attracted to. Numerous studies have shown that men are attracted to visuals, while women are more attracted to audio.

With that being said women wear Hijab as a form of protection.. When we look at a man we dont look at how big his booty is, or how nice his legs are, or even how big his breast are. Men do all of those things and more.

Just to clarify Hijab isnt just head covering.. It is the entire dress.

Does that anwser your question?

CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it does thx! I think hijabs are gorgeous, especially the brightly colored ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Yes it does thx! I think hijabs are gorgeous, especially the brightly colored ones.

Ok. Great.. I am happy to have anwsered your questions.... And thanks I also love wearing hijabs.. It is fun to me color corrdinating with my outfits, while still being modest... :)

LindAngeLevi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM
That's great. It helps lower the sin of lust. Even a man with the holy spirit in his heart can be tempted and see beautiful things.
Does every woman have to wear one in public? If they do not what would happen?

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Hijab frees women from being thought of as sexual objects of desire or from being valued for their looks, or body shape rather then their minds and intellect. One of the major differences is how we physically look and what we are attracted to. Numerous studies have shown that men are attracted to visuals, while women are more attracted to audio.

With that being said women wear Hijab as a form of protection.. When we look at a man we dont look at how big his booty is, or how nice his legs are, or even how big his breast are. Men do all of those things and more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Do you wear them at home too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quoting LindAngeLevi:

That's great. It helps lower the sin of lust. Even a man with the holy spirit in his heart can be tempted and see beautiful things.
Does every woman have to wear one in public? If they do not what would happen?

Quoting Muslimah1218:

Yes! Every single Muslim Woman has to cover herself NO MATTER where she goes. And if she doesn't then she is going against Allah (God) words, and she has to deal with the consequences of God.....

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM

What do you believe is the point of life?

What happens after you die? 

Who defines sin?

And what are the consequences of it?

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Do you wear them at home too?

No. You unless you have ppl over that isn't your a woman..

You dont have to wear your Hijab around any women at ALL. Muslim or Not.

Also other ppl you dont have to wear hijab around is your brother, father, grandfather. Your husbands Father, brother, grandfather. etc...

Muslimah1218
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Quoting unsuspected:

What do you believe is the point of life?

What happens after you die? 

Who defines sin?

And what are the consequences of it?

1. What I believe the point of life is, is to live to please Allah. Live by what the book (Quran) says.

2. What happens after I die is that, I will be judged on the day of judgment, and Allah will either send me where I deserve to go. (Heaven or Hell).

3. Who defines sin? Allah defines sin. The Quran has the sins throughout it.

4. The consequences of the sin, dependes on what the sin is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)