• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

break up

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 17 Replies
Me and df have broken up he's lied to many times. He's hiddent things from me and has hurt me. I feel now is the time to break up and maybe this is gods way of saying not him.
Do u laides feel I'm doing the right thing he is pushing me away I mean he has no job and he lied to me this whole time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Sweetie.

We can't tell you that. Only you know what you want out of a partner. Dont lower your standards to make excuses for him.

There are plenty of fish in the sea.

beccasbabyplan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
True and to think I would be marrying a lier

Quoting MamaHome:

Sweetie.

We can't tell you that. Only you know what you want out of a partner. Dont lower your standards to make excuses for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM

It seems like you know your answer.

Quoting beccasbabyplan:

Quoting MamaHome:

Sweetie.

beccasbabyplan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I guess but I'm a mess I really am

Quoting MamaHome:

Quoting beccasbabyplan:

Quoting MamaHome:

Sweetie.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Lying is part of a person's character.  Sure, everyone tells the little white lie here or there, but it sounds like you are talking about way more than that.

If you can't trust him, now before being married ... marriage isn't going to change that.

It sounds like you're making a good choice, even if it's hard.  That's life.  The hard thing and the right thing are usually the same thing. 

beccasbabyplan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Yeah it is way more than white lies and its hard but I have friends around me who are supporting me so its ok

Quoting unsuspected:

Lying is part of a person's character.  Sure, everyone tells the little white lie here or there, but it sounds like you are talking about way more than that.

If you can't trust him, now before being married ... marriage isn't going to change that.

It sounds like you're making a good choice, even if it's hard.  That's life.  The hard thing and the right thing are usually the same thing. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hannies_momma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I left my ex 25 days before our wedding, 15 days before our 8 year dating anniversary, and 28 days before his birthday. Everyone in my family was furious with me, but I felt like it wasn't right. Like you, he lied to me alot. I was sick of it, and was terrified of spending the rest of my life with him. I felt like if I married him, I would just be settling. So I left him, and it was the best thing i have ever done for myself. I met the man of my dreams, who I couldn't picture living even one day without. I thank God every day that I never settled for less.

MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thats understandable. ALL breakups are hard.

I suggest asking yourself some questions. Do it from a non emotionally charged place, and be brutually honest with yourself.

1. What qualities do I want in my husband?

2. What things would I change about my current SO to make him fit those qualites?

3. What behavior is crossing the line?

4. What will I do if he crosses the line?

5. If I recognize that my current SO is not making me happy, is there resolution? If not WHY AM I STILL HERE?

Until you answer these things you wont really know where to go. Here's my advice: I know you love him, but I also know that problems lead to bigger problems if not handled correctly. Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone that you love is let them go.

You could have your soulmate out there just waiting for you......

Life is too short not to be happy. :)

Quoting beccasbabyplan:

I guess but I'm a mess I really am

Quoting MamaHome:

Quoting beccasbabyplan:

Quoting MamaHome:

Sweetie.

kdwiegandt
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:40 PM

You might be amazed at how much stronger you become during a breakup. I never knew I had it in me after my divorce to become amazingly strong. It also helped me to find myself again. As scary as it may seem at the time, you really can end up a much stronger woman with self-esteem, respect for yourself, and much happier. Good luck to you.

beccasbabyplan
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies ur all making it better. I am gonna be stronger as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)