Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snoring - can I kill him and get away with it?????

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

So hubby and I have been married for 16 yrs now and when we were younger his snoring didnt really bother me as much, I am not really sure why. Anyway, so this man, who I love dearly, dont get me wrong, snores every night and I do mean everynight. He snores on his back, on his side and on his stomach and I spend most of the night trying to wake him up and get him to roll over. My night goes like this:

Me: Jorge......wake up, your snoring...

Jorge: ok

(a few seconds later, no movement in bed)-snooooooooooooooooooooooore-

Me: Jorge...Your snoring...roll over

Jorge: ok

(still no motion...still freaking snoring)

I mean this is driving me nuts...I am exhausted...He is active duty military, he went to the Dr and the doc told him to lose twenty pounds and come back to see him then he will discuss the snoring...the only thing is, my hubby is far from overweight...he works out...does weightlifting competitions...so the Dr wont do a thing and I am so tired I dont know what to do....when I sleep on the couch, my neck is killing me the next day....I hate to kick him out of the bed but its driving me crazy...and those stupid breathe right strips come off his nose while he sleeps.....HELP..........any suggestions would be awesome.....screaming

happy veterans dayVirginia

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elishas_mommy10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Lol I deal with snoring too, I bought hubby those nasal strips that you put on at bed time and they did wonders (: his snoring doesn't bother me anymore so he only puts it on when it keeps me up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

the nasal strips helped my moms DH too. try those

aceswife74
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I tried those.....they come off his nose while he sleeps....just fall off after a few minutes....

mom_of_one_2010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Zquite? its a mouth piece
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

My DH snores too! Drives me crazy but lately I have been able to block it out. All I can say is buy ear plugs.

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

There's a mouth guard thing that I've seen ads for on tv. I've been really tempted to use them on me and dh cause we both snore. It kinda hols the mouth slightly open for more air to go through.

The strips come off my nose and the spray crap doesn't work on me either.

amberandruss
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I deal with a little bit of snoring but a lot of him taking up the whole bed... we have a queen size bed so it is plenty big. Whenever I say something to him about it, he always says that he is just trying to snuggle... yeah right!! lol

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

There's a mouth guard thing that I've seen ads for on tv. I've been really tempted to use them on me and dh cause we both snore. It kinda hols the mouth slightly open for more air to go through.

The strips come off my nose and the spray crap doesn't work on me either.

I just found the website for it. It's called puresleep.

http://puresleep.com/s30/homepage_try2.php?adsrc=gkd%20snoring_mouthpiece%20antisnoringmouthpiece

MrsCorky
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Maybe earplugs?? My x had horrible allergies and snored horribly. I used the earplugs but they took awhile to get used to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metzeli
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Im sorry hun not much help as we are a snoring family. Dh me and all the kids do it. to make things worse so do the dogs and cats LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)