Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day is Approaching.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

Valentine's day is approaching and is always interesting because DS was born on Valentine's day. So we usually have a party before.  Also we do something with DS on the day as well.  This year probably won't be as good with DH since he is still recovering from his broken collarbone from the motorcycle accident. Also he suffered a concusion in that to and is still having post concussion symptoms which is starting to worry me. Anyway sex is obviously too painful for him. 

I am looking foward though to a nice gift though. DH for a guy is a great gift giver. He knows that I hate roses and love lillies. So  last year he got 200 boquet of lillies last year that had 3 all day Spa passes. I am getting him a present too. I am getting his lips tattooed on my inner thigh.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

Do you have plans?

Does your DH/SO get you something?

Are youg going to get DH/SO something?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Dh normally gets me flowers. I don't have a favorite and he knows that I'll like anything that lasts for a while. I don't get him anything (nothing bought at least). I'll make a nice meal for him though. 

mama728
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
That's really sweet. This year we can't do anything due to no money :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esmeralda1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quoting mama728:

That's really sweet. This year we can't do anything due to no money :(

There are a lot of free gifts you can do. Like I have done coupon books. where they have things like cover me up in choclate syrup, I had one called halftime hussy(sex during halftime of any game) Tie me up and things like that. Also I had one that was get out of the doghouse free

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

We sort of celebrate Valentine's day.

We don't really have any plans but I usually make breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Valentine's theme and make crafts with DD.  

DH usually buys me a card and chocolates.

I don't usually get DH anything.....at least not material. ;o)

sleepy_in_va
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I proposed to my hubby on February 15..it would have been the 14th but we had a snow storm that made me stuck in my drive way all day that day. So it kind of has a special meaning for us.

This will actually only be our 3rd Valentines day together even though we have been together since 2006. But we are again short on money this year so we have decided to stay in and make a nice dinner together. Most likely a steak, baked potato and salad meal. Then just spend the evenin together. Also my husband and I are in a rough spit in our relationship that we are trying to work out, we are in counseling for pur issues. Well I have not worn my wedding rings in about 6 months but I asked him if he wants me to start wearing them again. He does but he had lost his a few months before our issues started so he feels weird that he doesn't have a ring to wear so I'm thinking of getting him a new ring and telling him that I want to continue to be his wife but he needs to get his act together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidansmommy219
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM

we dont really celebrate..sometimes dh will get me a gift but most of the time it goes by without any acknowledgement. no plans as of now..i might get him something if i see something while i'm out..but we dont really do anything so i wont go out to specifically find him something.

jandra
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

We will probably go vegas and celebrate his b-day,our 10 year anniversary.

esmeralda1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I proposed to my hubby on February 15..it would have been the 14th but we had a snow storm that made me stuck in my drive way all day that day. So it kind of has a special meaning for us.

This will actually only be our 3rd Valentines day together even though we have been together since 2006. But we are again short on money this year so we have decided to stay in and make a nice dinner together. Most likely a steak, baked potato and salad meal. Then just spend the evenin together. Also my husband and I are in a rough spit in our relationship that we are trying to work out, we are in counseling for pur issues. Well I have not worn my wedding rings in about 6 months but I asked him if he wants me to start wearing them again. He does but he had lost his a few months before our issues started so he feels weird that he doesn't have a ring to wear so I'm thinking of getting him a new ring and telling him that I want to continue to be his wife but he needs to get his act together.

I hope your husband and you can work out your issues. Counseling really does work most of the time when both parties are committed.  Getting him a new ring sounds like a great idea.

GotSomeKids
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

I don't, but my hubby always gets me something.  Makes me feel guilty, but hate Vday.

Do you have plans?
Nope

Does your DH/SO get you something?

Usually

Are youg going to get DH/SO something?

nope

2bkayleesmommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Well I hope ill be up for sex on v-day (having bb via c-sec on 25 of jan) and our anniv. Is feb 19th so we're decided dinner/movie @ home and anniv. We'll go out for dinner we'll have a new new born and ill be too fat to wanna really get into it haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)