Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it trashy..

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 259 Replies
2 moms liked this
1) for a mom to have her nose pierced? Or other facial piercings?

2) for a mom to have (visible) tattoo's?

3) for a young mom (age 19,20,21,22) to wear club clothes when she goes out with her friends?

4) for a mom to smoke?

5) for a mom to drink in front of her kids?

These don't apply to me I've just been hearing a lot of drama on Facebook about people talking about people like this so wanted to know your input
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rose23113
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
bump!

elyciasmom08
by Manda on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
8 moms liked this
I don't think so. The only opinion I have is bout number 5 and I just think if your going to drink in front of your kids to be limited and to be at home so there's no chance of drinking an driving with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveByTheSun
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
8 moms liked this
I think the majority of those things are trashy, but I can't really tell you why I think that. I just do. I think smoking is trashy, especially with kids because they don't need to be around second hand smoke. I think drinking in front of children is equally trashy and disrespectful. As far as a tattoo, it depends on what it is and where. But I've never really seen a "classy" tattoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geekmommy84
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
On #4 as long as its away from the kids i dont think so. On #5 i find it not appropriate unless child is 21.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazyblondemom
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM
42 moms liked this

No to all of the above. What is trashy is a mom who can't take care of her kids.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't think any are trashy, but I think smoking in front of your kids, or drinking heavily in front of them sets a poor example. 

MommyK1022
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
7 moms liked this

I don't think any of that reflects the fact if your a good mother or not... =)

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

no, its an expression of who they are.

again no

depends on where she is going...if she's going to a club, then no.  if they are going out to eat, then yes.

yes.  sorry

no...well, it can be.  my parents drank infront of me and my brother, but they were both good models of drinking in moderation.  i have never seen them imbibe more than the responsible amount.  I think its important for kids to have model of good drinking.  Getting smashed infront of the kiddos, however, is trashy.

mybaby77
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

when is comes to things like that, i could honestly say im old fashion,   i wouldnt do things that i would tell my kids not too, or tell them to carry themselves with class.   but i will say that i do have 3 tattoo's but you cant see them, i was very young when got them,  way under 21, and i was a young mom,  i had my son at 16.

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Don't care about piercings or tattoos, just be prepared to explain to a child why they can't (Yes I have tattoos, and have had piercings).

Don't care what people wear, just keep the important bits covered, please.

Smoking? I quit so I could get pregnant. DH still smokes. I'd be a hypocrite to condemn it.

Drinking? I think responsible drinking is fine.  It is actually good to set a good example of resposible drinking so your kids can follow when they are old enough.  However, if you have alcoholism in your family, I think it is responsible to not drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)