Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
1) for a mom to have her nose pierced? Or other facial piercings?

2) for a mom to have (visible) tattoo's?

3) for a young mom (age 19,20,21,22) to wear club clothes when she goes out with her friends?

4) for a mom to smoke?

5) for a mom to drink in front of her kids?

These don't apply to me I've just been hearing a lot of drama on Facebook about people talking about people like this so wanted to know your input
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Replies (201-210):
Opie99
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I don't think any of them are trashy. 

and Mom's of any age, not just the under 24 crowd going to the club is fine with me :)

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Smoking yes, it's also unhealthy for her children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
americangirl086
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

3) for a young mom (age 19,20,21,22) to wear club clothes when she goes out with her friends?

4) for a mom to smoke?

These don't apply to me I've just been hearing a lot of drama on Facebook about people talking about people like this so wanted to know your input

1. No, I have my nose and eyebrow pierced, I love my piercings and they don't reflect me as a mom at all I'm a single mom to three lovely toddlers and I think I do pretty good for it just being me. Just beacause I have piercings don't mean I'm trashy or a "Bad mom." I'm home every night with my kids but I have piercings.

2. I have four tat's my name in the form of a symbol on my back, my sons name on my wrist and my daughter's name on my other wrist I chose that spot because it leads to the heart ;) same for my last child my youngest daughter's name is on my ankle and I want more tat's.

3. I'm 26 and when I was that age and had kids I still wore cute clothes out but I also was dressed to impress. I didn't whore it out while at a nice restaurant with my boyfriend, depends on the situation.

4. I smoke and I'm a mom, I see nothing wrong with it. There are worst things that cna be done in front of your kids other then being a smoking mother. At least I can be the one to educate them not to smoke and my reasons for never starting even though, Yes I do smoke. I want to be the one to tell them it's bad for them and how I wish I never started. I made a mistake and I don't want them making the same one but in the same sense Yes I do smoke when their around but there's many other things that can influence our kids then just us. Even if we do smoke or anything else at least we cna educate them the right way.

5. I normally do not drink in front of my kids If I do it's a beer or half a beer or drink and I'm done or usually have a glass of wine when they go to bed. I think a drink every once in a while isnt bad when it's not done every day or night. Me having a drink is like every 6 months or more.
CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM

1) for a mom to have her nose pierced? Or other facial piercings? Yes

2) for a mom to have (visible) tattoo's?  Depends on the tattoos and the placing. Face tattoo is trashy no matter what it is, but wrist and ankle tattoos depend on the picture

3) for a young mom (age 19,20,21,22) to wear club clothes when she goes out with her friends? Not to go out, but yes if she wears them to PTA meetings or pedi appts.

4) for a mom to smoke? Trashy for anyone to smoke.

5) for a mom to drink in front of her kids? Yes if she gets drunk, but drinking in and of itself doesn't have to be trashy.

MandyBear0341
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:12 AM

1) My nose is pierced.

2) I have 9 tattoos.... depending on what I wear, most are visible. 3 are visible at all times.

3) I am 22 and dont think a young mother should wear club clothes with her friends. That to me says trashy.

4) To each their own on smoking....

5) I dont think its trashy to have a drink or two in front of your kids... I thinks its disgusting to get smashed in front of them.

bchic24
by Tia on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Ok no to the piercing because I have my nose pierced and I see nothing wrong with it. No to the tattoos as long as they aren't innapropriate. I also have those. I have a tiny infinity sign on my left hand and tattoos on both wrists that say no lies just love. No to the wearing club clothes because not all of them are slutty and I like to dress up to go out with my friends once in a blue moon but I don't dress that way in front of my child. I use to smoke and decided to quit for my health so yeah agree you shouldn't smoke once you have children. AND I don't think drinking in front of your kids is trashy as long as you're not acting like it's a party! A glass of wine infront of kids is NOT disrespectful....jello shots are.

mj.bullion
by Melissa on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM

My only comments are on 4 & 5. I don't think it's trashy, to do those things , but I also don't think it's good parenting. Although if the drinking is only like a glass of wine or 1 beer, and not getting wasted, that's fine.

AphrexiaX
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM

1) for a mom to have her nose pierced? Or other facial piercings?       Ummm No, not trashy

2) for a mom to have (visible) tattoo's? No, but I have them so I may be biased.

3) for a young mom (age 19,20,21,22) to wear club clothes when she goes out with her friends? Depends on if all she does is go out with her friends and always pawn off her kids.

4) for a mom to smoke? Not trashy, just unhealthy.

5) for a mom to drink in front of her kids? Depends on the children's age and how much she drinks. One glass or bottle, nah not trashy. Drinking until passed out, yes.

jgattis
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

4) for a mom to smoke?

1) piercings...while I don't have facial piercings, I have had my belly button pierced...I miss it every day...

2) I have tattoos and display them proudly....I got them (and the piercing) when I was 25 and I don't regret it in the least.  DH and I have discussed piercings and tatoos and our children...we both agree that while we would *never* sign/allow our children to do either before the age of 18, we will support our child(ren)'s decision after the age of 18...no matter what...and we will even assist the child with finding a responsible, clean, safe body-modification establishment.

3) young moms only???  I'm 40+ and if I'm going to a nightclub with DH, I definitely wear "club clothes"

4) smoking...well, I smoked for over 20 years...quit when I was 35...I understand both sides of smoking and not smoking. But, I don't think it's "trashy"

5) drinking...I practice drinking in moderation in front of my children on a regular basis.  

So, no...I don't think any of these things are "trashy".  There is a time and a place for everything....

diamondsetter
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I think a lot of those things are trashy for everyone, not just mothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)