• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriosly Considering :(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 20 Replies
Now before someone reads this the wrong way I do love my hunny with all my heart but I just can't take it anymore. we've been together for 6 years and making it offical this summer by tying the knot <3 But i'm so tired of feeling so stressed out all the time. I just got a new job and promotion two weeks ago to assit manager so i've been at work alot training so he's taking care of my daughter his step daughter. but all we seem to do lately is scream and fight w/ each other. i don't want our relationship to end because i do love him w/ all my heart and soul but I'm just stressed out that I'm going to bed at night in tears and he's been sleeping on the couch. i want to make things work but we can't find a way to agree on to help. any advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynn8107
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM
to add to things we might be pregnant too which doesn't help our stress levels :ยง
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2callmemom09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM

your getting close to the "7 yr itch" mark, sorry i have no advice... i have been there and ultimately failed. i am now working on my second year with my new husband.

its hard breaking a family apart, so i would suggest you two either sit down and talk or find a counselor and get to the root of your issues. somethings gotta give. its all i have to say, and i hope your outcome is better then mine way :)

BaileynMe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Mama, counsellong really can help, especially since it sounds like the root of your issues is stress. Counseling isn't there to magically wave a wand and fix things; it's there to give you the tools to fix it yourself. If you do really live him and he's truly a good guy at heart, you owe it to yourselves to give it a shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Sounds like yall need to make some quality time for each other. Dh and and I went through a rough patch right after our son was born. We had a long no fight talk about what we wanted and both needed. We decides that we needed more time for us. We have been doing awesome we are happier now than we were a year ago. A friend recommended reading the love dare book. I have it but we haven't read it together. But my friend said it helped make Thier relationship strong. They like to read couples books together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife0424
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I did marriage counseling. It felt so good to say things in a calm neutral setting. We learned how to fight fair and communicate. Please try this first. I hope the best for you guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this

You need to set time aside for the two of you!

TWO WORDS: date night

wife_and_mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I agree with the 7 year itch.. my husband and I almost called it quits in 2010 and that was our 5 year mark.. we hit ours early I guess... our biggest stresses were jobs/money and sex.. or lack there of.. we had to WORK on it.. and let me tell you.. from just after our 5 year anniversary to celebrating our 6 year anniversary.. was a TOTAL flip switch.. We are just as inlove as we were when we were newlyweds.. 

But yes.. the only reason why neither one of us wanted to  call it quits at the time was we did care about eachother and we didn't want to break oru family apart

Quoting 2callmemom09:

your getting close to the "7 yr itch" mark, sorry i have no advice... i have been there and ultimately failed. i am now working on my second year with my new husband.

its hard breaking a family apart, so i would suggest you two either sit down and talk or find a counselor and get to the root of your issues. somethings gotta give. its all i have to say, and i hope your outcome is better then mine way :)

redlady125
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Ibelieve in talkin about what is on mymind and u have to do the same thing.let him no that he means the world to u and u r willin to make it work.spend time with each other and go out on a date
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

best to get out before you actually go through with the marriage.  Take some time apart .

Pherlyce
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

What I learned from my marriage is no competion, we all tend to count how much we did or contribute to our relationship, responsibility, chores...... etc. etc.  that is when marriage fail. We the woman stop being a mother to them, our husband have a mom they need a wife. Man have that ego and pride we have to learn how to ask them with respect not telling them what to do. Woman we bring a lot to a relationship to be successful, one thing man hates when woman nag and repeats the issue over and over again, we have to learn how to keep our mouth shot.

This is very hard especially if the wife is working too, with all the work and come home and deal with everything inside the house ...... stress will just flowing. Successful marriage is not just love, romance, and children is how you can face each situation, each problem with a lot of understanding, respect, and patience. Marriage also have different stages and situation....... you are just in the first stage of marriage and you still in a long haul.   If you can keep those 3 words you will make it. I am married for 20 years and we still have problems to deal with, but in a more understanding, respect and patience way.  Don't give up a relationship because of those issue, for me I will give up a relationship if he is an abuser or unfaithful.  If you give up this one, what do you think for the next one, you still going to face all the stress, getting to know each other, who will do this and that...... etc. etc. is like back to the beginning again....... one more thing open communication, tell each other what are your expectation and same to him too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)