• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need to change my image

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

i'm going to be 26 this year... still young i know. but i want to spruse up the ol' image a little. but i just feel so drab.

im a stay at home mom right now.. so its all about the hoodies and yoga pants.... i need a pick me up. a cheap pick me up... any suggestions?

EDIT: following some of the advice.. got some hair dye.. going dark auburn.. sil is going to help me in a bit. yay!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

you could just start from doing your hair and makeup daily so you feel better. then slowly changing from yoga pants and sweatshirts to jeans and a cute top?

wife_of_a_wenis
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

i do my make up fairly often... im still learning how to do eye makeup tho.. my mom didnt teach me lol.... and it doesnt help that im a ginger.. freckles.... brown red hair... i wouldnt mind bringing the red out a little more... dh wants it like a chocolate color.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

you could just start from doing your hair and makeup daily so you feel better. then slowly changing from yoga pants and sweatshirts to jeans and a cute top?

hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I don't have any makeup advice (i'm still learning myself lol) but youtube has great tutorials, maybe ask DH if you can get your hair done and maybe find an easy tutorial for hairstyles as well..

Quoting wife_of_a_wenis:

i do my make up fairly often... im still learning how to do eye makeup tho.. my mom didnt teach me lol.... and it doesnt help that im a ginger.. freckles.... brown red hair... i wouldnt mind bringing the red out a little more... dh wants it like a chocolate color.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

wife_of_a_wenis
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM

thanks you had some good suggestions.. im pretty good at just dying it myself... and i know i dont want to cut it.. it was actually a platinum angled bob a few months ago lol.... and now its back to slightly ginger and getting long. its sooo hard making a decision!

ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Go to the local beauty school and have your hair done. The one near me is like 12 bucks for a cut, and they are good. I live in a not so well off area, but when I want nice clothes I drive to a bigger city where theres people with money, and I hit up goodwill, and the consignment shops. Great clothes and accesories at super low prices. Good luck doll!

anabelle2301
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I would say dye your hair and get a cute or edgy cut. Change up the wardrobe trying incorporating heels. Wedges are really in now and super comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Whatever you want to do

AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Get a new haircut/ color or look online for hairstyles and curl your hair or a braid. Get some make up at Target they have make up
For $1.00-$3.00 the brand is ELF it's actually pretty good! Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. Go to Tjmaxx or Marshells and get yourself a new outfit. Look online or Pinterest and see what new styles are out and find a cute outfit on there and try to find similar pieces at those stores. Get some heels and you and you hunny should go out on a date!!!
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Look on YouTube they have great tutorials on how to do your hair and makeup!
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

How about a new haircolor. Thats a always a great change. And maybe buy some new outfits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)