Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Q: How do you walk in high heels?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have always been a jean and t-shirt kind of girl, but i also love high heels. I own several pair, and always buy them with the intention of wearing them, and never do. Two issues: I cant seem to pair them with anything that looks good, assuming because i have a pretty casual wardrobe, and 2nd i just cant walk in the damn things! And DH and I have a very formal wedding in a couple weeks, so i bought a simple black dress, and again, a pair of crazy hot heels. Now im worried i wont be able to pull them off. Im also taller than my husband with them on, and hes 6 2", kind of akward.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I've always wondered the same thing lol. I look like a waddling pengui. In most
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I love the idea of high heels..  never mastered walking in them.  Within minutes my feet are protesting.

Jeni1124
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I walk the same in heels as I do in any other shoes. Sorry, thats not much help! I've just never had a problem with heels.

sage2983
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM
You just have to wear them on a regular basis to get used to them, then you will walk normally.

I used to work at a place where I wore jeans and heels everyday. Feet never hurt and I wore heels constantly. Now I wear scrubs and sneakers... When I do wear heels, it's a rare date night, and am always sooo ready to have them off!!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Fields456:

Me too.  I do have  a few pairs of pretty heels...but I can't walk in them so I just take them out of my closet and look at them...lol

Fields456
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I will wear them but I always have a pair of dr scholls anytime flats in my purse so once my feet strt hurting I can take them off which doesn't take long of we are at a wedding

Quoting BonitaM:

Quoting Fields456:

Me too.  I do have  a few pairs of pretty heels...but I can't walk in them so I just take them out of my closet and look at them...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I love my high heels ! I'm always sad that now I'm a mom, i don't really get to wear them. It's usually just lounge time Haha..

Anyway, where them around the house for an hour like each day til the wedding ! Break 'em in or they'll kill you that night ! Did you buy the kind that are extremely tall & make you feel like you're foot is unnatural ? Aka stripper heels, as I call them LOL. Those are always the hardest to walk in, it feels like instead of walking heel to toe you're walking toe to heel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM
I do that shaffle walk thing when I walk that most people who have small dogs do..my foot rarely leaves the ground, so I just shuffle along in heels and typically put all the pressure on the front of my foot when using the stairs so I dont stumble lol.
Break them in. When you do you will also see if theyre likely to cut you ankles or not and can get lil bandage things so your ankle wont rub up on it and bleed

Quoting vwd_johnson:

I love my high heels ! I'm always sad that now I'm a mom, i don't really get to wear them. It's usually just lounge time Haha..

Anyway, where them around the house for an hour like each day til the wedding ! Break 'em in or they'll kill you that night ! Did you buy the kind that are extremely tall & make you feel like you're foot is unnatural ? Aka stripper heels, as I call them LOL. Those are always the hardest to walk in, it feels like instead of walking heel to toe you're walking toe to heel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Just wear them around the house and get use to walking in them. Get a short heel that's more comfortable and easier to walk in. Practice makes perfect!! Lol
jvd1709
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I know i look nice in heels cause my man told me i do BUT i cant walk in them for my life. Not even one inch heels. Thats when i look awkward.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)